♔₁₂

CHAPTER TWELVE
❛  the deal  ❜

AFTER THE LONG and drawn-out lecture on hero provisional licenses you headed toward the cafeteria for lunch alongside Mina and Uraraka.
After gathering your food, which consisted of freshly cooked rice and takoyaki, you all sat in your usual seats, holding your usual conversations about homework and home-life. After a few minutes of chatting, it grew strangely silent.

"So ... anything new lately, (L/n)?" Mina questioned suspiciously, picking up some of her vegetables using her chopsticks. "Something you're, I don't know ... not telling us?" She squinted her eyes at you as if she was trying to detect a lie. Uraraka's eyes wandered awkwardly, and she began to whistle. What is up with these two?

"Uh, no?" You didn't sound too sure yourself.
Were you missing something? What were they hinting at?

"Hey, girls!" Asui greeted as she approached the table, followed by Hagakure. They placed their trays onto the table, before taking a seat. "What's going on?" It was silent as Mina turned her eyes toward you, followed by everyone else. You were confused, pointing a finger toward yourself.

"Sorry, did I do something?" You questioned, genuinely confused. Uraraka chuckled slightly.
"We just ... noticed you outside with Bakugo last night. That's all." Your brow raised. They weren't assuming what you think they were assuming, were they?

"Well, I-" You were suddenly cut off by a loud giggle. Turning toward the noise. you noticed Yaoyorozu and Todoroki discussing something at their own lunch table— alone. It must've been pretty hilarious from the way Momo was laughing. You rolled your eyes.

"They've gotten closer lately ..." Mina muttered, twirling her pink locks around her finger as she watched the scene unfold. "Ever since you all saved Bakugo ..." You let out a sigh, your eyes falling to your plate. Hagakure patted your back in an attempt to comfort you.

"I'm sorry, (L/n), I'm sure it's nothing.." She reassured. "You just seem so upset lately.
Everything will be okay!" You began to feel embarrassed, all eyes on you. You hated the feeling of being pitied. You weren't helpless— if anything, Todoroki should be the one who feels bad. He should be the one that misses you. Suddenly, something came over you.

"Actually," You began, knowing you were about to regret the next thing that came out of your mouth. "I guess I have been getting to know someone else.."

"IT'S BAKUGO, ISN'T IT!!!" Mina screeched, jumping up from her seat. You slapped your hands over your face in complete embarrassment. Why did you even say anything?! The girls eyes lit up in complete surprise, and their pitying eyes suddenly disappeared. "Bakugo, the king of assholes, actually has a girl that's interested in him?" If only they knew the truth.

"Just don't say anything to anyone. I mean it, okay!" The girls nodded, excited to have received such interesting news. Asui stared with wide eyes.

"To be honest, I didn't think anyone would ever be interested in him.." Everyone began to laugh, but you couldn't help but sit paralyzed with fear. What in the world did you just do? Slowly rising from your seat, you chuckled nervously.

"Well, I think I'm gonna go find him. I'll talk to you girls later, yeah?" Without waiting for a response, you sped-walked to Bakugo's table, grabbing him by the shoulder.

"Hah?" He looked up, quite clearly pissed. Kirishima and Sero, who sat across from Bakugo, stared at you in confusion. Since when were the two of you on speaking terms?

"I need you." You whispered low enough for only him to hear. "It's life or death, you need to help me." Bakugo was hesitant, before sitting up from his seat, following you outside the lunch room. Closing the door behind you, you let out a frustrated groan.

"What do you want?" He bluntly asked, clearly not interested in having whatever conversation this was. You pulled at your collar, anxious at how he would react to what you have just done.

"I need you to do something for me," You began, "If you don't like Todoroki and want to piss him off, you might be interested in what I'm about to say." He raised on eyebrow, that last part gaining his full attention.

"Go on ..."

"I may or may not have told the girls of 1-A that you and I were a thing..." He looked angry, but before he could open his mouth, you cut him off. "It's to make Todoroki jealous, okay!" You looked down, avoiding his judging eyes.

"If we pretend to be interested in each other for a few weeks, you'll get under his skin. Todoroki will be jealous, and everyone will stop feeling bad for me. It's a win for both of us, really." Bakugo let out an irritated sigh, running his hands throughout his ash-blonde locks.

"That's pathetic, but ... shit, if it pisses the bastard off then... I guess I'll give it a shot." He then glared down at you. "I'm tired of you bitching over him. I'll do a week at most." You nodded.

"Fine. All we have to do is talk sometimes, hang out a bit, maybe hold hands once or twice. Just act like we tolerate each other. It's nothing crazy, really." He shrugged.

"Fine, it's a deal."