✩₂

IT WAS FINALLY the last round in the practical exams, meaning it was your teams turn to battle against All Might. It was quiet amongst you all as the exam gates opened, revealing the abandoned city you'd be sparring in. You took in the sight of the long road ahead, set on the exit that awaited you at the end.

"Team Midoriya, Bakugo, and (L/n)." The announcer introduced, "Ready, begin!"

Of course, Bakugo was the quickest, leaving both you and Midoriya behind. The two of you exchanged knowing looks, before picking up speed to match that of the blondes.

"Kacchan, please listen," Midoriya began, walking alongside Bakugo. You trailed closely behind. "Normally I'd suggest that we assess the villains skill level before choosing to attack or run away, but this is All Might we're up against. Combat against him will be utterly impossible, no matter how many people we have!" Katsuki began to walk faster, grinding his teeth in anger. You sighed. As much as you had prepared, there was no amount of notes that could prepare you for dealing with him.

"I don't give a fuck what you think!" He yelled. "I'm gonna blast that smile right off his face whether you like it or not." Midoriya reached for Bakugos arm in an attempt to stop him, but was met with a fist to the face. He stumbled backwards and fell into your arms, just barely catching his balance.

Stunned, you watched as Bakugo continued on his own path, uninterested in anything else the two of you had to say. No, this wasn't going to slide— he pissed you off on the wrong day. Pushing Midoriya to the side, you began to march after the pyro-idiot. "Get your ass back here, Bakugo." He cursed in annoyance, turning back to face you with clenched fists.

"The fuck do you want?!" To be frank, he didn't give a shit what you had to say. He wished both you and the freckled idiot would get lost somewhere so he could face All Might the way he had planned. He felt he was being dragged down by the two of you.

"You're being completely irrational! We have to come up with a strategy, or you'll end up ruining everyones chances of passing!" Bakugo furrowed his brows, stepping up to you in a threatening manor.

"Your best chances of winning are with me on your team." He sneered. "I can win this shit by myself, I don't need you or that other idiot's useless quirks!" Without thinking, you shoved Bakugo to the ground, blinded by anger. This. This is exactly why you couldn't be on a team with him. He had a special talent of getting under your skin. You didn't interact with the ash-blonde much, but the few times you have, it always ended in a heated argument— and you were never one to back down.

"(L/n), let me handle it!" Izuki yelled, pulling you away from the seething blonde. Those crimson-red eyes glared daggers into you as he pushed himself up from the concrete. Snatching your arm from Izuku's grip, you lunged forward, tackling Katsuki back to the ground. This was so unlike you . . . You and Bakugo began to scrap on the ground, ignoring Midoriya's pleas— that is, until a violent wind came blasting through the street. The extreme force sent the three of you scrambling across the concrete, struggling to catch your breath through the debris.

"If you continue to treat this as if it isn't a real fight, you'll be sorry." As the dust cleared from the air, the muscular pro-hero came into view. He glared, his eyes menacing. "I'm the villain here, remember that." Midoriya took in a sharp breath, before quickly turning and fleeing from the scene. "There's no way we'll win, we have to run!"