✩₃

YOU AWOKE TO a violent pounding again your temples. Great, a headache. Letting out a groan, you pushed yourself up from the bed you laid in, spotting a vase of flowers left on your bedside. Your face suddenly twisted in an expression of pain. Your body was sore, and your throat stung. You'd have to lay off the fire-breathing technique if you wanted to keep your vocal cords. While taking in your surroundings, you noticed four familiar students that stood at the edge of your bed.

"(L/n), you're awake!" Uraraka and Midoriya rushed to your bedside, bombarding you with questions, as well as everything you had missed. Mina and Asui, who were also in the room, left quickly to locate teacher.

"I'm fine guys, I just pushed too hard . . ." You sent a weak smile in an attempt to comfort them. Shifting your focus toward a calendar that hung from the wall, you realized you had been out for a little over a day. Thank god it was only a day. The longest your quirk has ever immobilized you was three days— and you hoped it'd stay that way.

"You missed so much," Midoriya began, his eyes filled with fear and worry. "We were at the mall together and Shigaraki showed up—" He was silenced by the opening of the infirmary door, revealing Mr. Aizawa.

"I need to speak with (L/n), please. Alone." Uraraka and Midoriya nodded in compliance, quickly exiting the room. Letting out a sigh, he approached your bed.

"I'm glad to see you awake," He commented, eyes trailing over the slight burns that littered your body. "But I'm not here with good news." You blinked, not sure how to respond.

"Though, you passed the exam, I'm very disappointed with what took place." Ouch, i'm that's not what you had expected. "Not only did you and Bakugo's bickering almost lead to your failure, you used your quirk in such a way that completely immobilized you." He pinched his nose, shaking his head.

"In the hero world, you need to learn to work with those around you, whether you like them or not, and you must use your quirk in your favor. Any slip-up like that would have cost someone's life, maybe even one of you." You averted your gaze, settling on boring channel that was being broadcasted from the infirmary television. To say you were embarrassed was an understatement. Suddenly, his demeanor grew serious, his eyes boring into you.

"Yesterday, the other student's decided to head to the mall before we all leave to camp. Unfortunately, the shopping trip ended on a bad note as the mall was temporarily closed due to an a hostage situation involving Midoriya and Shigaraki. He had Midoriya Izuku with both his life and everyone else's if he alerted anyone while they spoke. Thankfully, him and Uraraka were able to defuse the situation and come out alive. If a pointless squabble like you and Bakugo had were to have taken place, he would be dead right now." You took a minute to breathe, wincing at how your body ached. Your gaze shifted toward your lap. You couldn't meet his eyes, you were much too disappointed in yourself. Aizawa continued.

"And so, I've decided for you and Bakugo to partner up throughout the camp. Learn to get along, or I'll have you kicked out of my class. Got that?" You hesitantly nodded.

". . . I understand." You muttered. With that, Aizawa made his way through the infirmary door, leaving you to your thoughts. You?! Working with Bakugo?! Letting out a defeated sigh, you plopped back onto your pillow, eyes fixed at the ceiling above. Let's hope you make it out of camp alive.

☆彡

You let out a yawn, tiredly attempting to
untangle the knots that littered your unruly hair. A few days had passed, and it was finally time to head to the training camp. Both 1-A and 1-B had gathered— and much too early in your personal opinion.

"Is everyone ready!" Uraraka exclaimed beside you, bouncing around with joy. A few students cheered themselves, chanting 'camp' as they prepared for the new hero experience.

"I heard some of 1-A is taking extra courses, how embarrassing!" A student from 1-B cackled. He looked deranged, his eyes clearly filled with hate for 1-A. "Yet, you're supposed to be the superior class? What a joke!!"

"Everyone, line up in seating order!" Iida called out, escorting your classmates into well-organized lines. You groaned, your head falling against Uraraka's shoulder. You were nowhere near a 'morning person'. This was too much commotion for you to handle so early.

'(L/n), and Bakugo'

I have to sit with him, too?! You groaned inwardly, slowly walking toward the ash-blonde. When he noticed your presence, he scowled, turning his attention back toward his phone. You frowned at his stand-offish demeanor. The least he could do was work with you. Curse Aizawa, you thought. Not only did Aizawa have to ruin your camp experience, but he had to ruin your bus ride too? You followed Bakugo into the coach bus, watching in disappointment as he took the window seat you were looking forward too. Taking a seat, you rummaged through your bag to find your headphones, placing them around your neck. If you couldn't watch the scenery through the bus window, then you'd take a nap to speed up the time.

From your spot, you could see Todoroki, who sat just a few seats ahead of you. You found yourself sneaking glances from time to time, your heart breaking a little with each look. What ticked you off the most was the fact that he completely ignored you. Not once has he spoken to you, or even looked at you. Maybe, just maybe, it was your fault. Maybe you needed to make the first move. Yet, as much as you wanted to, you knew you shouldn't. This was his decision. And so you sat back, and bit the inside of your cheek, growing jealous of Yaoyorozu who sat just beside him.