✩₆

THE NEXT DAY passed by swiftly, and your body was beginning to adjust to the intense training. Working with Bakugo went by smoother than expected, and the food that was prepared tasted delicious.

Once dinner was over, both classes were ordered to meet at the edge of the woods where Pixie-Bob awaited.

"I wonder what we'll be doing?" Asui questioned, earning a nod of agreement from you. The 1-A girls chattered quietly amongst themselves, guessing what type of training lesson this could be.

"Hello, everyone! Tonight, you'll be subjected to a courage test!" Pixie-Bob began, earning the students attention. "1-B will begin as the scarers hidden in the woods. Once they're in place, 1-A will leave in pairs every three minutes. There are tags with your name that you must collect at the end of every route! The scarers job is to use their quirk to scare 1-A. Physical touching is absolutely not allowed." The students lit up with glee, and began searching for their friends to partner with.

"Not so fast," Aizawa interrupted. "You'll be randomly assigned once you draw a name. (L/n), Bakugo, you know the drill. As for the five of you," His bandages shot out, wrapping themselves around Mina, Sero, Kirishima, Denki, and Sato. "You'll be studying with me." Mina let out a cry of protest as her and the rest of the boys were dragged away. Poor guys.

As you approached Bakugo, you were surprised to be met with silence, not a single snide remark thrown your way. He stared into the depths of the woods, seemingly lost in his thoughts. You cast a skeptical eye toward him, raking over his strong features. His brows were naturally furrowed, and he always seemed to wear an angry expression. Huh.

"The fuck'er you staring at?" He questioned, his crimson orbs shooting toward you.

"I wasn't staring!" You quickly defended yourself, averting your eyes to a random bush nearby. He rolled his eyes, shoving his hands into his pant pockets. As your eyes wandered, you found yourself staring at Todoroki, who had been partnered with Izuku. He always seemed to catch your attention. You puffed your cheeks, secretly wishing you had been partnered with the duel-haired male instead.

"What's your problem? Mad cuz' you weren't partnered with your boyfriend?" Your brows knitted, and you shot a glare toward Katsuki.

"No, and he's not my boyfriend anymore..." You muttered that last part. You were a bit embarrassed to have been caught staring, but even more surprised that Katsuki paid attention enough to know you had been in a relationship. He seemed to be all about himself. He raised a brow.

"Really?" He questioned. "Damn, you were perfect for each other. Two pain in the asses." You frowned at his comment.

"That's ironic coming from you, fireworks."

"The fuck did you call me?! He yelled, "What the fuck is that?!" His palm began to spark up, wisps of smoke beginning to seep through his fingers. You let out a laugh, pointing toward his palm.

"You're loud, and obnoxious, and you spark up like a firework— just like that!" Strangled sounds came from Bakugo's throat. His explosions extinguished, and he decided to shut his mouth, turning away. He didn't want to prove you right. Maybe if he ignored you, you'd stop talking and disappear.

"(L/n) and Bakugo, you're up next!"

Making you way toward Pixie-Bob, she wished you both luck on the journey ahead, before ushering you into the woods. It was quiet, aside from the screams of your classmates that echoed nearby. As you wandered deeper into the dark woods, your palm lit up to light the path ahead. You were beginning to grow uneasy.