✩₅

YOU WERE RIGHT, this was absolute hell. Class 1-A was ordered to meet at the training grounds around five in the morning, suited up and ready to go. The first hour of training was spent re-taking the fitness test, and much to the classes surprise, the results didn't differ very drastically from the beginning of the semester. Aizawa explained how you were mainly focused on training your body. Now, you would learn to train your quirk. Almost immediately after the fitness test, you were thrown into hours of grueling training involving your quirks. Lucky for you, you happened to be paired with the sweetheart of 1-A— Bakugo Katsuki.

"Oi, you just gonna stand there, or what?"

You flinched in surprise at the gruff voice, breaking free from your wandering thoughts. Glancing up, you met crimson orbs that seemed to burn holes into your face. Bakugo stood across from you, heaving as he switched to a defensive stance. After spending a few hours strengthening your quirks, Bakugo suggested to spar. You had just finished round three.

You let out a sigh as you collapsed to your knees, "Can't we take a break? We've been going at it all morning . . ."

He clicked his tongue, "Haah?! Take a break?!" Bakugo grumbled as he kicked up dirt in annoyance. "Don't be fucking lazy. Fight me!"

"Me? Lazy?" Your eyebrows furrowed. "Did you forget I saved our asses during the practical exam? I'm still recovering from that, y'know." Katsuki let out a laugh, which only irritated you more.

"Saved our asses? Please, all you did was take yourself out with one shitty attack. If you stayed out of my way we would've already been finished. You could use this extra practice." You rolled your eyes, extending your middle finger towards the blonde. He scowled, before charging toward you anyway, slight crackles emitting from his palm. You let out an aggravated groan. Round four it is. Quickly sweeping your leg toward his feet, a gust of fire emitted from your feet, blasting heat and debris toward the blonde. He pushed through the dust, shooting his hand out toward your figure. Swinging a fiery fist, both of your attacks collided, setting off a loud explosion that sent the two of you in opposite directions. The sheer force of the blast destroyed the concrete below, a cloud of dust taking over the sparring field.

As you rose from the attack, you squinted through the dust that blinded your view. You were seriously over training at this point. Suddenly, an explosion against your back sent you flying forward, face-first into the ground.

"Hah, how'd ya' like that?!" Bakugo smirked proudly at his efficient attack. Pushing yourself up, you charged back at him, sending attacks back-to-back. He managed to evade every single one, which was seriously ticking you off.  He then grasped your wrist, stopping one of your attack in it's tracks.

"Get the fuck off!" You yelled, yanking on your arm. He refused to let go. Pulling your struggling body toward his, he held a crackling palm inches away from your surprised face.

"You're pissing me off. . ." He growled. "You're half-assing. Why don't you start fighting for real? Or are you that fucking weak?" Your surprise quickly turned to anger, and you head-butted the blonde without a second thought. He fell back, dragging you down with him. You punched his chest with your free hand, too exhausted to muster up any more powerful attacks.

"Fuck!" He cursed, grabbing onto his throbbing forehead. You attempted to flee, but were quickly tackled back to the ground by Bakugo. He straddled you, pinning your arms against the ground below.

"I win. Again." Bakugo glared down at your powerless figure. You stared back, before realizing the position you were in. Your faced flushed, and you began to flail under his weight.

"Get off, asshole!" You exclaimed. "I get it— you won, now get off! You're fucking heavy!" As if on cue, the teachers began calling the students in for dinner. The blonde furrowed his brows at your sudden change in demeanor. He scoffed.

"Tch," He stood up, waving his hand in annoyance as he walked away. "Whatever, fucking idiot . . "

☆彡

"Now, remember what we told you!" Mandalay exclaimed, now joined with Ragdoll, the third member of Wild Wild Pussycats. "We won't be feeding you anymore! You'll have to start making your own meals— starting with curry!"

". . . Yes ma'am." A handful students responded.

"This is an amazing opportunity!" Iida exclaimed, ushering 1-A students forward. "An important part of becoming a hero is providing for citizens spiritual needs, as well as physical! Let's make the best curry, everyone!" 1-A got to work as they began chopping up vegetables and preparing the pots.

"Someone light the fire!" Mina ordered. Sending the pink-haired girl a thumbs up, you stepped away from your cutting board, heading toward the firewood— only to find yourself colliding into another person.

"Oh, I'm sorry. . ." You looked up, and your heart dropped. Staring back at you was none other than Todoroki.

"I was just going to light the fire. . ." He spoke, his eyes trailing toward your lips. You began to turn red, shutting your eyes. What was he about to do?!

"What happened to your face?" Huh. . . Todoroki pointed toward your lip, a look of concern gracing his face. "It's all bruised. It looks bad." Grasping your mouth, you looked away.

"Nothing—" You blurted out, "Let's just start the fires. . ." He nodded, and the two of you made your way toward the makeshift stoves together. The walk was awkward and your thoughts ran rampant. It was just your luck; to run into the one person you dreaded to see, and of course you had to make a fool of yourself. What were you thinking?! He wouldn't try to kiss you after breaking up with you!

"Agh— damn it!" Bakugo yelled, his over-the-top explosion blasting his pile of firewood into smithereens.

"C'mon Bakugo. . ." Sero sighed, scratching his neck in frustration. Momo shook her head, urging everyone to try and start the fire without the use of quirks. Of course, nobody listened. Today was tiring enough. You chuckled to yourself, approaching your own pile of firewood to ignite.

"So, how have you been?" Todoroki began, lighting up the firewood next to you

"I've been fine, you?" He simply nodded in response, reaching toward the next pile of firewood.

"I'm glad to hear that." He said, taking a moment to think of what to say next. Unfortunately, your short-lived conversation was then interrupted by Mina and Ochaco, who approached with their uncooked pots of curry.

"Ah, thank you guys!" Uraraka smiled, placing her pot onto one of the stoves.

Mina did the same, stirring her pot excitedly "I'll let you have extra, (L/n)!" You sent her an appreciative smile. You were lucky to have your friends around you, and maybe one day, Todoroki could become one too.