full moon

That time of month rolled around again, filling the house with the familiar tense, agitated atmosphere.
Remus wasn't seen much in the days leading up to the full moon, and subsequently, neither was Sirius. Apollo was highly strung and spent most of the day in the library, either reading or spinning vinyl.

Luckily, he had gotten a little more used to Bill and Charlie within the couple of days they had already been there, and wasn't so jumpy around them.
Apparently, Charlie somehow knew that he had kissed both Fred and George, and nudged him, wiggling his eyebrows, every time they were near him. Of course, it made him blush profusely each time but it also made him feel a little closer with the taller redhead.

Apollo was sat listening to the Bowie album 'Stage', when he heard the familiar voice of George Weasley coming into the library.
"Hi beautiful." He said, coming to sit beside Apollo, who leaned into his side.
"Your dads are leaving soon, my love." George whispered softly.
Apollo screwed up his face, his hand sneaking to find George's and hold it tightly.
"It'll be okay, I promise. They'll be fine, and so will we."
Apollo nodded and stood up after a minute, lifting the arm of the record player and taking the record off, putting it safely back in the sleeve and into the box.
He took George's outstretched hand and the two of them walked quietly out of the library and to the back room where Sirius and Remus were waiting. Apollo didn't say a word the whole way there.

When they got there, Apollo let go of George's hand and walked straight over to his dads, hugging them tight.
"We'll see you tomorrow, pup." Said Sirius softly, his right hand running over Apollo's back and his left splayed on the back of his head.
Apollo held his breath, for he knew if he breathed out it would be accompanied by a flood of tears.
"We'll just be out here, dear." Said Molly, as she backed out of the room.

"I promise we'll be fine. We'll stay safe." Said Remus, wincing as he hugged his son. He and Apollo stayed like that for a short while, in each others arms and not wanting to let go.
Sirius put a hand on either of their backs, prompting them to look at him.
"Were a little later than usual, Moony. We should get going." He said softly, and watched as his son and lover broke apart reluctantly. He pretended not to notice that Remus' shirt was now damp with tears where Apollo's face had been, as he saw his face go red with embarrassment.

Sirius leant forward and kissed his son's head goodbye and wrapped his arm around Remus' waist. The two headed to the door and turned around one last time before they left. Both Sirius and Remus' hearts shattered. Apollo stood alone in the middle of the room, twisting his hands together and shuffling his feet on the ground. His bottom lip wobbled and bitter tears rolled painfully slow down his face. He looked utterly dismayed. Destroyed.

His two father's knew if they went back over to him, they wouldn't leave; and they most certainly couldn't do that. Not tonight. They fought with themselves to not rush back over to him and scoop him up and never leave. The two of them had to be strong.
"We love you, sweetheart. We'll be back before you know it." Sirius said, his voice breaking. It hurt even more when Apollo didn't say anything. He just nodded as the tears came faster.
"I love you so much." Remus said, and the two men unwillingly turned around to the door. Sirius opened it slowly and stepped out. As he turned around to close and lock the door, he had to hold back a sob when he saw Apollo through the little window, watching them leave, crying.

He and Remus walked away, tears running down both of their faces. It was the worst feeling.

When she heard Remus and Sirius leave, Molly went back into the room to find Apollo, closely followed by the twins. She was quick to go over to him, guiding him over to the sofa and enveloping him in a motherly hug. For a moment, he stayed stiff, but eventually broke and fell into the hug.
"There, there, it's alright. They won't be gone long." Molly said, in attempt to console the boy. Apollo cried quietly, the image of both of his dads walking out of the door replaying in his head.