why does everything have to go wrong?

On the 8th of August, in the reasonably large back garden of Grimmauld place, there were five, stood in the middle of the lawn. The shortest of which looking notably nervous.

"There's nothing to be worried about, you'll get the hang of it." Sirius said.
"We'll all be right down here. But you won't fall."
The smallest of the group, Apollo nodded and looked up, at a small carved ledge on the side of the terraced house. There was a ladder leant against the wall, up to the ledge.
He gulped and looked from the ground, to the ledge to the ladder apprehensively.
"Are you ready to go Apollo?" Sirius asked him.
Without answering, Apollo shook himself of nerves and walked straight to the ladder.
"Be careful, cub."
"Shh Moony, don't distract him."

Apollo climbed the ladder, all the way until he reached the carved ledge. He grabbed onto another carving in the bricks and hauled himself up onto the top step of the ladder. He placed his foot on the ledge and pulled himself up onto it. Almost losing his footing, he gripped onto the bricks for some sort of support as the four below him gasped.
He gave them all a thumbs up and looked straight ahead.

"Just step off the ledge, and beat your wings. They'll hold you up." Remus called.
Apollo took a deep breath and went for it.
He stepped off the ledge and felt his body lurch forward.
Below the two redheads gripped eachothers hands.
Apollo flapped his wings and he rose upwards, the cool air around him sitting still, as there was no wind.
He beat his feathery wings a little more and started to move around the air like a bird, and he grinned.
"I'm doing it! I'm doing it!" He yelled down to the four most important people in his life, who were beaming up at him.
Apollo circled round and flew down to the ground, running over to the group of four waiting for him.
He leapt into his dads open arms and hugged them tightly, smiling.
"We're so proud of you!" Remus grinned, feeling so unbelievably proud of his son for flying first time.
Apollo pulled back after a minute and turned to his mates, who were grinning too.
"You looked so good up there!" Fred said, and Apollo hugged the two taller redheads too, feeling over the moon.
Once they had broke the hug, George took his hands and bent down a little.
"Are you proud of yourself?" He asked, looking into Apollo's eyes.
Apollo nodded a little and smiled bashfully, looking down at his feet as he felt the blood rushing to his cheeks.
"You should be. You did really well." George said, and stood up properly. His own face went rather red when he noticed his twin, and boyfriend's fathers staring at him. They all chuckled a bit.
"You wanna have another go?" Sirius asked Apollo, who nodded eagerly and headed back to the ladder.
He climbed it again and pulled himself onto the ledge just as he did previously.
He stood up straight and stepped off the ledge, beating his silvery wings and flying into the air. He smiled. It felt even better than being on a broom.

The four below watch in awe as Apollo glides around, beating his wings and soaring through the air with ease, as if he'd been doing it his whole life. He looked brilliant, smiling wider than he had in a long time, the cold air making his cheeks and nose pink.

An abrupt change of wind caught Apollo's wings and sent him flying off course. He flapped his wings desperately to stay in the air, his once untroubled face filled with alarm.
Sirius, Remus, George and Fred rush forward as he starts plummeting to the ground at an alarming speed.

He lands on the patio with a sickening crunch, and his mates + fathers come rushing towards the boy sprawled out on the ground in an awkward position.
"Apollo!" Sirius shouted, kneeling on the slabs beside him. Apollo screws up his face and lets out a quiet whimper. The other three kneel on the ground beside him hurriedly.

"Apollo, what is it? Tell me what hurts." Said Remus.
Apollo didn't answer. He curled in on himself and bit down on his lip, hard, to block out the pain.
"Apollo, my love, what happened? What's hurting?" George tried.
"M- my arm..." Apollo sputtered, pointing to his right arm that was twisted underneath him.
Quickly and carefully, Sirius and Remus turned him over and were met with a nauseating sight.
His lower arm and wrist were already bruising and swelling up, and there was a small crook in the middle of his arm, where it looked to be completely broken.