staying overnight

"Why, may I ask, did you wish to stay overnight?"
Fred and George shared panicked looks before looking back to Remus.
"Umm... well we..."
"We... Uhh...."
"You see.... we um.."
"We just... just wanted..."
"We wanted... to erm..."
The twins stuttered. Remus raised his eyebrows and they fell quiet. "There's nothing... going on between you is there? Like, all three of you?"
"Um no.."
"No there isn't."
"No."
"Well... is it just because you wanted to stay... or something else?" Remus persisted.
The twins looked at eachother and back to Remus. "Honestly Remus, there's nothing going on between us and Harry,"
"We're just worried, we just wanted to stay with him overnight."

"And his best friends, Ron and Hermione, didn't?"

"Well, they're younger aren't they,"

"And mum would've been more worried if they didn't come home,"

"And we're his friends too. Not just them." They said, taking turns in their twin like language.
Remus unfolded his arms and put one on either shoulder of the redheads in front of him. "Look boys, I know you're worried about Harry, we all are. But if there's something you want to tell me, you can. I won't tell anyone." He smiled a little.

George's POV
Oh shit. He's onto us. I look at Fred, looks like he's thinking the same thing. We can do this thing, we have conversations just with facial expressions, it's a twin thing we think.
'Do you think he knows?'
'Yeah... I think he's onto us.'
'Should we tell him?'
'I don't know, should we?'
'He's only going to find out, he's too smart.'
'Go for it then?'
'Might as well.'

"Well, the thing is..."
"George and I, kind of,"
"Maybe, sorta,"
"Have a bit of a crush on..."
"Have a crush on Harry." We look away, avoiding eye contact, but when Remus doesn't make any noise or movement, we look up hesitantly to see him still looking at us.
"Well, I'm not saying anything, but if you really are sure about that, I'd get to know him a bit better. And there's a book on relationship laws in the restricted section at hogwarts, I saw it there when I was looking for books on lycanthropy when I was there. I can get it out for you if you'd like." And without a further word, he's gone. He walks over to Harry's bed and sits on the opposite side to Sirius.
He sits in the chair and takes Harry's hand, rubbing his thumb over it gently. Sirius says something to him but I didn't hear what it was. Then Remus nods his head. I debate joining them but felt it was a private moment.

~~time skip from your lazy writerrr~~

Sirius' POV
I wake up and look around me. I'm in a chair, in a hospital. Oh yeah I remember now. And there's Remus in the chair on the other side. And there's two matching redheads slumped in chairs on the bed. And there's Harry. He doesn't look too good. But Poppy said he should be waking up sometime today so there's that to look forward to I guess. I decide to let the others sleep for a while and go to see Mcgonagall.

{In Mcgonagall's office}

"Sirius! How are you? And how is Harry? Is he awake yet?" Minerva says upon seeing me.
"Hi, Harry's isn't awake yet. He woke up briefly yesterday but he was super out of it. I doubt he'll remember it, could barely understand what he was saying." I explain. She gestures for me to take a seat so I do.
"Did he speak to you at all? Would you like tea?"
"Well he said his head hurt but that's about it. Yes please."
"Poor dear. Is he staying at headquarters once he's strong enough to leave?"
"Yes. We're taking him there and so are the Weasleys."
"Those blasted muggles, I told Albus not to leave him with them and now look what's happened!"
We talk for a while, up until about 10, and then I decide I should probably go check on Harry and the twins.
"It was good talking to you Minnie. I'll keep you posted on how Harry's doing."
She smiles and I left the room.

{In the hospital wing}

Fred and George are sat on the chairs by Harry's bed on either side. Fred, I think, is holding Harry's hand gently and rubbing his thumb over it like I had not long ago. George is on the other side, stroking Harry's hair out of his eyes. They are both just staring at Harry silently, and remus is watching from the chair by the wall with a sort of sad, sort of happy expression. I walk over and the three of them look up. Remus smiles when he sees me and George and Fred just offer little smiles, before looking back to Harry.
"Um, Remus? Could I have a word?" I say, beckoning him over to the doorway.
"What is it?" He asks, his confusion clear on his face.
"Did you ask the twins? You know, about how they've been acting?"
Remus' expression changes, although I cant read it. He looks happy? ...smug almost?
"Yes. I did. I asked them last night and, well... it's not really my place to say but I think Harry might have a secret admirer. Or admirers shall I say."

Heyyaaa hope y'all are doing alright. I dont know whether you've noticed but I quite like leaving chapters like this, it's kind of a cliffhanger but not really? Idk I just find it fun lmao.
The song at the top is a good song, I hope people like these music suggestions, I just put some of my favourites up there.
I know people dont really like it when these 'authors notes' are long so I'll leave it here. Hopefully I'll upload another part soon, I'm quite getting into this story. :))
Byeee !!