○ Chapter 14: Upcoming ○

xxxxx

The next day, after the villains attacked the USJ, school was closed. Maybe the school wanted to give you all a break but... it was difficult to relax. With all that's been going on, what with your first week in highschool, the events at the USJ and finding a soulmate who couldn't care less about you, things have become pretty stressful. It was hard to do anything fun without having your mind trace back to the unsettling occurrences or just plainly getting bored.

"Wanna do something?" You looked up from the images on your phone and spoke to Mina who was sitting on the opposite side of the treehouse. She was sprawled out on one of the couches staring at the hard wooden ceiling while playing with her string. Mina was clearly feeling it rough as well.

She sat up and merely shrugged, "I don't know. Shopping?"

"Nah, I don't have enough money."

"I could buy you something?"

"No! We've had this conversation before, you're not paying for me. Ever. I need to be independent."

"Alright." She shrugged again and lay back down on the couch with a sigh.

Time went buy. You carried on scrolling on your phone while Mina, finally out of her daze, got up and made a small snack in the kitchen. The boredom and frustration consistently grew and it wasn't even noon yet. You glanced out the window in petty.

It's such a beautiful day; not a single cloud in sight. Hmm, what a waste.

You went back to your idle scrolling.

It was a very rare occasion for you and Mina to get bored this easily, maybe the events at the USJ shook you both up a bit. It could possibly even be the fact that your soulmates are no longer a mystery. Such an exhilarating and literally life-changing moment could've drained all the excitement out of your bodies. Well, whatever the case, the amount of boredom in both of you was ridiculous.

To make your day more "lively" your string tightened. A lot.

Oh no...

You tried to fight back the pain by clenching your teeth and squeezing your eyes shut tight. Having a soulmate with anger issues was no joke, it hurt. You're a bit used to it since, obviously a hot tempered soulmate has had countless occurrences where he's lost control of his emotions. Not to mention the amount of pain you had to endure everytime his feelings blew up like a lit dynamite.

The pain showed on your face and Mina took high notice of that.

"Oh my God, (Y/N)! Your string! Mm, well there's not much I can do... hang on I'll get you some water." Mina rushed to the mini-fridge to get an ice cold bottle of water. She sped to you and took your hand in hers, letting you squeeze it until the pain settled.

Everytime either one of you were in a massive amount of pain, mainly the tightening of the string, you squeezed each other's hands and it gave you the sense of giving birth because of the level of pain and the squeezing of hands. Well at least if you do have kids you'll both be used to the pain.

Eventually, after four agonizing minutes, your string loosened. That breathtaking feeling came back and you yanked the water out of Mina's hand, gulping down every single drop.

"Sheesh, that bad?" Mina leaned back on the couch with her arms crossed.

"Yeah," You chucked the bottle into the trash, "That must've been hard for him. He's getting so angry these days, I'm gonna have to teach him to control that temper of his."

Mina laughed at your bold statement, "Yeah good luck with that. That's like trying to teach an ostrich to fly."

"Hey! Anything is possible."