○Chapter 17: Cavalry Battle ○

A/N:

Here you go :) as promised.

xxxxx

It had only been five minutes since the obstacle race ended before everyone was gathered in front of Midnight with their minds in a buzz to hear about the next challenge. Your mind raced with enthusiasm at the thought. What will it be? Capture the flag? Tag? Hide and Seek? It could be literally anything as ridiculous as those.

"The first game for the first years is finally over and what a game it was. Now let's take a quick look at the standings, shall we?" Midnight picked the event back up by providing the audience with the placements of the students' obstacle race. The board showed 42 positions. You thoroughly sifted through all the different names until you found yours.

Izuku Midoriya: 1st

Shoto Todoroki: 2nd

Katsuki Bakugo: 3rd

Ibara Shiozaki: 4th

Juzo Honenuki: 5th

Tenya Iida: 6th

Fumikage Tokoyami: 7th

Hanta Sero: 8th

Eijiro Kirishima: 9th

Tetsutestu Tetsutestu: 10th

Mashirao Ojiro: 11th

Yosetsu Awase: 12th

Tsuyu Asui: 13th

(Y/N) (L/N): 14th

Mezo Shoji: 15th

Rikido Sato: 16th

Ochaco Uraraka: 17th

Momo Yaoyorozu: 18th

Minoru Mineta: 19th

Mina Ashido: 20th

Koji Koda: 21th

Kyoka Jiro: 22nd

Sen Kaibara: 23rd

Kosei Tsuburaba: 24th

Denki Kaminari: 25th

Kojiro Bondo: 26th

Reiko Yanagi: 27th

Hitoshi Shinsou: 28th

And so on...

"Only the top 42 will advance to the next round but don't be too let down if you didn't make the cut. We've prepared other opportunities for you to shine." Midnight giggled seductively with a lick of her lips so lustfully that it sent shivers down your spine.

Why must she make everything sound dirty?

"Now the real fun is about to begin. The chance to fully move yourselves into the limelight. Give it your best!"

The board behind Midnight rapidly scrolled past all the different games.

"Let's see what we have in store for you next. Will your wildest fantasies come to life? What could it be, the waiting is torture! Prepare yourselves... for this!" The board stopped as Midnight pointed to it enthusiastically with her whip. You hung your head at what showed up.

Cavalry Battle.

"Cavalry Battle? I'm terrible at those." Kaminari whined.

You lifted your head, "Same. I always used to drop the person on top." You commented, earning concerned glances from others around you. "Well, not on purpose!"

"It's not an individual event, I wonder how they'll split us up." Tsu pondered.

"Allow me to explain." Midnight faced the board as it projected visual images of what she was about to tell her audience, "The participants will form teams of two to four people as they see fit. In theory, it's basically the same as a playground game, but there is one difference: each player has been assigned a point value based on the results from the obstacle course."