Ch.3 Sunsets

~Y/n pov~

"Rejoice. I shall accept the position."

"What makes you think you should be leader?" Mahiru asked, her hands on her hips.

Byakuya crossed his arms, "Who is more fit to lead than me?"

"That attitude of yours is too forceful!" Mahiru complained.

Nagito reasoned with her and she eventually agreed, though reluctantly.

"Well if everyone else is okay with it....I guess I am too." She muttered.

"Then, I guess we've made our decision. Don't worry, as long as I'm leader, I won't let any become a victim." Byakuya stated, "I will guide you all, that much I promise."

Ibuki grinned, "Sooooo reliable!"

"Follow me. I have something to show you all." He demanded before walking off.

Akane continued to stuff her face with food, "He better make this fast."

Everyone started to follow after him. I walked beside Chiaki as she played her game.

"Oh, that reminds me." I started talking.

Chiaki glanced at me to show she was listening.

"I saw some gaming consoles in the supermarket. Maybe later we could play some games together."

"I'd like that." Chiaki smiled softly.

~*~

We arrived at the park.

Where the statue used to be was...some sort of timer.

Could it be....a bomb?

"For skinny people, you're awfully slow." Byakuya complained.

"It seems...you are just too fast for us." Sonia stated.

"So..what's supposed to be here?" Akane asked.

Byakuya glared at her, "Really? Hmph.... If you haven't noticed it yet...then I was right to dismiss you all as idiots."

It was then everyone noticed the giant timer.

Everyone started panicking and discussing what it could be.

"If Monokuma wanted to blow up the island he would've done it by now." Byakuya stated.

Mikan stuttered, "S-so what is it c-counting down?"

"It's a mystery."

"A mysterious mystery isn't it?" Monomi appeared out of nowhere, which made Sonia scream.

Monomi screamed back in response.

"Why are you here?" Mahiru asked.

"I heard everyone talking while I was patrolling, so I came over.." Monomi stated.

"No, not that." Ibuki pressed her fingers together nervously, "Didn't Monokuma kill you?"

"Ah, so that's why you were surprised."