Ch.16 Final Island

~Y/n~

The next morning everyone was exploring the final island. There are now no more islands. Does that mean the killing game will be over soon?

I hadn't seen Nagito all morning. I decided to go around with Hajime and Chiaki to explore.

At some point, Chiaki wandered off and started exploring by herself.

We explored a bit more and then Fuyuhiko came up to us and told us everyone was meeting up to discuss stuff.

We all headed to the area where everyone else was waiting.

~*~

Everyone started talking about their findings and what not. Nagito wasn't here.

Fuyuhiko said he couldn't find him, which was concerning.

A few minutes into the conversation, Nagito arrived.

He chuckled to himself, "Instead of facing the problem directly and overcoming it...you're desperately trying to run away. That weakness...is hopeless!"

"Nagito, where have you been?" Hajime asked.

"I wonder where your thought process wandered off to..." Nagito remarked, "As usual, you guys keep running around in circles. What are you, hamsters?"

Nagito told us Byakuya was probably hiding on the island. Then he started spouting stuff about the traitor.

A lot of it didn't make sense. The information didn't add up and there were contradictions.

After that Nagito abruptly left, leaving everyone confused.

A few of us tried to figure out what exactly he meant. But we came to no good conclusions.

Everyone headed back to their cottages to sleep.

~*~

I was just about to go to bed when someone knocked on the door.

Sighing, I made my way towards the door and opened it.

"N/n, may I come in?" There stood Nagito.

I blinked tiredly, "Uh...sure."

The door opened wider as I stepped aside to let him in, before closing the door behind him.

"Y/n?"

I hummed in response.

"Do you trust me?"

"Of course." I raised an eyebrow, wondering where this was going.

He looked sad for a moment and then he approached me, "I love you N/n."

Nagito brought me into a tight hugging, squishing my face into his chest.

I shuffled a bit and wrapped my arms around Nagito, melting into his warmth.

"Do you love me?"

My answer came out muffled, "Yeah...I love you Nagito."

He didn't say anything and held me tighter.