Ch.11 Despair Disease

~Y/n pov~

A few of us were staying in the hospital with the patients. It was me, Hajime, Mikan and Fuyuhiko.

Everyone else decided to stay at the motel because it was nearby so if anything bad happened they could get here quickly.

I sat in the chair next to Nagito's bed. Mikan had just checked on him and then left.

He was asleep most of the time, but he woke up when Mikan brought in some food.

The smell probably woke him off. Mikan told me should would sleep in the empty room and briskly left.

Mikan was working really hard.

The only sounds filling the room were Nagito quietly chewing.

When he finished him food, I took the tray off him and placed it on the bedside table.

He stared at me not saying anything and after a few moments he spoke, "Don't hug me."

Please hug me.

I smiled slightly, wrapping my arms around him tightly.

He rested his forehead against my shoulder. He was a bit sweaty but he was probably exhausted from trying to fight off the disease.

I brought my hand up to comb through his fluffy hair.

Nagito leant further into the hug, "Stop."

Don't stop.

I hummed in response.

It was quiet after that, Nagito didn't say anything.

A few moments later, his body became heavy, and I realised he had fallen asleep on me.

I tried to wriggle out of his grasp but I couldn't. He was holding onto me tightly.

I sighed, crawling onto the bed and pushing Nagito back so he was laying down.

His grip was too strong, so I just laid beside him, curling into his side.

~*~

I woke up pretty early and Nagito's grip had loosened so I could move.

Slowly, I slid out of the bed and back into the chair, stifling a yawn and rubbing my eyes.

Hajime suddenly burst into the room, the loud noise waking up Nagito.

"We need to go now." Hajime exclaimed, "No time to explain."

Nagito shot up and latched his hand onto my wrist, "Leave."

Don't leave.

I patted his head, "I'll be back."

Reluctantly, he let go, allowing Hajime to drag me away.

~*~

There they were. Hiyoko and Ibuki's dead bodies.

Ibuki and I were close and I was starting to understand Hiyoko. Even if it was just a litte bit...

Monokuma soon after arrived and he also brought Akane and Nagito.

He had got rid of the disease because a murder had occurred.

~*~

INVESTIGATION START

Monokuma File #3 (モノクマファイル3)

There are two victims this time: Ibuki Mioda and Hiyoko Saionji. Ibuki Mioda's cause of death was crushed windpipe as a result of choking. There are no other external injuries. Hiyoko Saionji's cause of death was blood loss due to her throat being slit by a sharp-edged tool. It appears her death was instant.

Blood on the Soles (足の裏の血痕)

There were bloodstains on the soles of Ibuki's feet.

Rope Used for Hanging (首吊りのロープ)

The rope used for hanging. According to Mikan, there is no doubt that the cause of Ibuki's death was her hanging herself with this rope.

Motel Room Key (モーテルの鍵)

The key to the motel room that Hiyoko was staying in. It was buried deep inside her kimono, so it was pretty difficult to retrieve.

Scrap of Thick Paper (厚紙の切れ端)

A thick scrap of paper that was stuck to the baton lighting.

Music Venue Curtain (ライブハウスのカーテン)

A black curtain at the very back of the music venue stage. It is not wide enough to reach the sides of the stage. It looks like it was brought from the supermarket, and not something that was originally here.

Stepladder (脚立)

A stepladder was found on the music venue stage tipped on its side. On its left side, a slight bloodstain can be seen.

Candle (ロウソク)

A candle was found at the front of the music venue stage. It looks like the dim light seen in the surveillance camera video was actually light from this candle.

Surveillance Camera Unit (監視カメラセット)

A surveillance camera unit put inside the music venue for communication purposes. It's been smashed to pieces and no longer works.

A/C Temperature (空調の設定)

The A/C was cranked up to 86 degrees Fahrenheit. It was extremely hot inside the music venue because of that.

Smudge on the Floor (床を拭いた跡)

Evidence that a bloodstain was wiped off the floor of the music venue's stage. Since Ibuki had no open wounds, it's believed the blood belonged to Hiyoko.

Semitransparent Glob (半透明の塊)

A strange glob that was stuck to where both music venue doors touch each other.

Mikan's Account (罪木の証言)

Right up until the Monokuma Announcement that morning, Mikan was with Hajime the whole time. Afterward, she went to the hospital to check on everyone and realized that Ibuki had disappeared. When she rushed out of the hospital to search for Ibuki, she apparently met up with Fuyuhiko.

Surveillance Monitor Video (監視モニターの映像)

The video that Hajime saw at the hospital. It shows a person dressed in a hospital gown wearing a hemp bag on their head as they willingly climb a stepladder toward a noose.

Fuyuhiko's Account (九頭龍の証言)

After Fuyuhiko met Mikan in front of the hopital, they split up to search for Ibuki. They checked the movie theater and Electric Ave. but they didn't find anyone. Apparently Fuyuhiko and Mikan were only separated for a short time.

Sonia's Account (ソニアの証言)

Hiyoko was distraught because her kimono was disheveled and she was unable to tie it on her own. That's when Sonia apparently told her about the full-length mirror in the music venue's storage room.

Movie's Invitation Ticket (映画の招待券)

The invitation ticket prepared by Monokuma. One ticket was passed out per person, and the date it was passed out is printed on the ticket.

Monokuma's Account (モノクマの証言)

A Monomi tote bag that was sold at the movie theater. It's a limited item because only one person can buy it. Apparently, you get another bag for free when you purchase it.

The Wizard of Monomi (モノミの魔法使い)

The movie that Monokuma directed. There were a total of three deaths in the movie. First, Monomi Scarecrow died by hanging herself. Next, Monomi Lion was pumped full of arrows. Finally, Monomi Tinman died by getting chopped into metal pieces.

~*~

_____________________________________
1118 words

A/n I like the third chapters in the games because the killer totally loses it.