Ch.5 First trial

~Y/n pov~

After the investigation, we all gathered at Monokuma rock as Monokuma instructed.

It opened up and some steps led into an elevator? We all got in and it descended.

So this is where the trial room is?

The podiums all had our names on and Byakuya's had a photo of him with a cross on it.

I went to my podium which was between Nagito and Ibuki.

~*~

"Ahem! Now then, let's start with a basic explanation of the class trial. During the trial you'll present your arguments for who the culprit is, and vote for 'whodunnit' . Vote correctly, and only the blackened will be punished. But if you pick the wrong person.... I'll punish everyone 'besides' the blackened."Monokuma explained, "Now without further ado, let's begin!"

"Y-you're telling us to begin but...what are we supposed to do?" Mikan asked.

"Didn't that Byakuya dude die in the dining hall? Then everyone there is a suspect." Fuyuhiko stated.

"Isn't it strange that we found the body under the table?" Nagito asked.

"Maybe the killer moved the body?"

I bit my lip in thought, "I don't think the killer moved the body. Wouldn't there be blood stains in other places too?"

Nagito nodded, "Though there was a lot of blood everywhere, there were no signs the body was dragged through the blood."

"Right. That means Byakuya must've been killed under the table." Hajime concluded.

~*~

"Why did Byakuya go under the table?" Hajime pondered alive.

"Perhaps he wanted to scare us. That guy was a big jokester." Akane grinned.

That's definitely not it.

"Maybe he saw the knife. He was confiscating all dangerous objects." I stated.

Chiaki hummed, "But how did he see the knife?"

"The paint...it was glow in the dark."

~*~

"Byakuya was the only one who could see in the dark!" Hajime exclaimed.

"So you think he was the one who used the night-vision goggles?" I asked.

Hajime nodded, "It makes sense, he brought them in the case."

"Wait.." Sonia exclaimed before the topic could change, "If Byakuya was indeed using the night-vision goggles, then how did the killer navigate in the dark?"

"They used the glowing paint to find the knife, that also means they must've caused the blackout." I replied.

"Then that means Peko is the killer." Kazuichi exclaimed.

~*~

Peko became embarrassed and explained how she was in the bathroom the whole time.

"There was obviously some sort of trigger set up beforehand." I pointed out.

Hajime nodded, "That must be it. The blackout was caused by a power surge. It was caused intentionally."

"That's why there were three irons to cause the blackout." Nagito said.

"The direct trigger of the blackout was the air conditioners in the office. The irons were on the whole time." Hajime concluded.