Chapter 6

Wednesday and Thursday pass in a flash, the boys spend most of their time packing and cleaning their rooms. Clay doesn't see much of George, both fretting their home visits. Clay knows he should tell his family about his new relationship, but there's nothing he wants to do less.

The group meets out front Friday morning, ready to say their goodbyes before they all leave for the week. Sapnap and Clay share a quick moment to talk about their travel plans before the group goes around with hugs.

"You leave at two right?" Clay wraps his arms around George's waist, feeling the boy tense beneath him, "I'm heading out around five so I'll be here to say goodbye," the blonde assures him. Sapnap and Clay spend the holidays on and off with each other's families. Sapnap's going to Clay's house for Thanksgiving, Clay will head out to Texas for New Years. The tradition had started Clay's sophomore year after Sapnap and his dad had gotten into a massive fight and the boy didn't want to stay in his house. Ever since the two got stoned in Clay's basement on New Year's Eve the two hadn't wanted to spend the holidays without each other.

"Eric is taking me to the airport so I'll be around for a bit," George tells the boy, landing a light kiss to his cheek.

Clay still hasn't gotten used to his friends seeing him in his most vulnerable states with George. The gentle touches and pecks on his cheek still make his face flush and breath hitch.

"I need to go shower okay? I'll come to your room when I'm done," George says quietly enough for only the blonde to hear him, the only response, him nodding into the top of the brunette's head. The shorter man says a final goodbye to the group before making his way up the rocky path.

"So Sap, Dream, whatcha guys have planned for the break?" Techno adds to the group, having remained silent for most of the interaction.

"The classics, beach with the fam, Drista wanting to hang out with us, the usual," Clay remarks to the man. Techno's roots had grown long, the pastel pink hair sitting at his shoulders. The man now sported a light stubble, looking as if he's double the age of most of the group.

"I can't wait to see your sister bro, she actually likes having me around," Sapnap jokes to the group, turning to Clay with the comment.

Wilbur and Techno are planning on spending the break together, and Niki hopefully will be joining the group for a few days.

"So Niki huh?" Sapnap questions the man towering over the group who shakes his head with a chuckle.

"Nah bro, she's just, she's just cool, nothing more," Wilbur responds, brushing off the question as fast as possible.

Sapnap seems to have taken the hint, nodding to the man then turning to Karl, "So you excited to go home?"

"Yeah, Jimmy, Chris, and Chandler are all already home so I'll see them all tonight," Karl says, speaking of his older brothers. The four brothers were known for being a handful, all four having attended Cortona. The pranks Chandler and Punz had pulled still live on to the day. Karl was the odd one out, soft spoken and respectful. The teachers were shocked when the youngest had come to the school with a pleasant smile and a willingness to actually get things done.

The boys say their last goodbyes for the week, returning to their dorms to put their stuff together. Clay visits the brunette once more before he has to leave, sending him off with a long kiss, "no marks, mother would be furious," George had insisted the week prior.

"Call me when you land?" George mutters to the blonde.

"Of course, you're going to be asleep when I do though," Clay teases the boy, who replies simply, "my sleep schedule will change for you."