Chapter 9

CW///  they yell. dream is lowkey manipulative. uh. yeah.

"Fuck," Dream mutters under his breath, hand already swelling. His good arm, now the one in pain.

"This is why we can't work," he hears a small voice behind him. His face gets hot, embarrassment is the only thing he can sense, "you can't just go around punching walls when I say something you don't like."

"Get the fuck out of my room," the blonde can feel himself getting angrier every second George is in his sight.

"So you want to talk, you beg me, and then I'm honest and you get mad, and now you're the one telling me to get out? Fuck you Clay," George's face is skewed with fury.

"You're so fucking full of it, you knew exactly what you were going to say, you knew how I would react-," he's cut off by the brunette nearly screaming at him.

"No Clay, I didn't know you were going to react like a fucking toddler," both boys are starting to attract their dorm mates, they can hear doors open throughout the house.

"Just fucking leave, I'm so tired of you being around," Clay's words cut much deeper than he intends.

"Well you're certain a pleasure," George tries to deflect his words with sarcasm, just pissing Clay off even more.

George starts to leave, and on instinct the taller reaches for him. He manages to catch the bottom hem of George's navy blue t-shirt, the brunette jerking at the reaction. The blonde is even more startled at his actions than George, immediately letting go and staring at the ground.

"You literally just told me to leave, Clay, this is the shit I'm talkin-," George is the one who is cut off this time. Dream's words leave his mouth long before he wishes they did.

The blonde can't think through the fog covering his mind, the man in front of him his only focus.

Memories of the two together flood him, sadness crushing him. The need for George takes him over, the words spilling from his throat.

"Please don't go."

'What the fuck did I just say?'

Clay doesn't think as he speaks, his only goal to get the brunette next to him.

"What?" The brunette's face is full of confusion.

"Talk with me, please," Clay's on the verge of begging again.

'Clay what the fuck? Shut up.'

"You just told me to leave!" George's voice sounds weak, tiredness evident in his tone.

"I know, I know, I'm sorry," Dream runs his hand through his hair.

"Ten minutes," George's nervousness is visible, his question coming out croaked.

'Wait what? Really?'

The blonde is in disbelief, his demeanor changing immediately.

"Please, I miss you Georgie, a lot," Clay's eyes finally meet the brunette. He looks tired, eyes pooled with darkness, a lot more lifeless than he remembers.

The shorter man doesn't say anything, instead stepping into Clay's room and shutting the door behind him. George makes his way to Clay's twin bed, laying down facing the wall.

Clay lays down next to him, not sure what to do next. George's hand reaches out to grab the blonde's forearm, wrapping it around his waist. The brunette's back is pressed against Clay's chest, their breathing in rhythm.

"I'm sorry George, I'm so sorry," Clay whispers to the boy, rubbing his thumb against George's stomach.

George nods slightly, his small fingers wrapping around Clay's wrist. The blonde feels his hand being removed from the boy and he thinks he's crossed a line. Instead, it's brought up to George's mouth, a small kiss being planted to Clay's palm.