Chapter 16

"Welcome back to the stream!" Tommy's voice rings through his dorm room, Dream sat on the freshman's bed listening attentively. The younger blonde had asked him to stop in, and although the senior had made it clear that he wouldn't be joining in on the actual stream, Tommy still seemed glad to have company. Texts from George and Sapnap were coming in every few minutes, the senior choosing to ignore them.

A few minutes pass before the calls start, eventually the man excuses himself when Techno's name pops on his phone.

"Hey, what's up?" his calm tone flowing naturally.

"What's up? What's up? Dream, people have been trying to get ahold of you for like thirty minutes," Techno's voice is laced with confusion and frustration, the blonde shrugging it off.

"Oh sorry, yeah my phone was off," a lie, the blonde deciding to add at least some truth in his statement, "I'm just with Tommy."

"Tommy?" Techno questions.

"Yeah, you know, says he's 6'3, is 6'1 at best, blonde, freshmen, you know him," Clay jokes, just wanting the call to end.

Moments later, George's voice rings through his phone, "Clay? Where are you? You left after school and didn't say anything."

"Oh hey Georgie, I'm just with Tommy, haven't been looking at my phone," he lies again.

"Techno said your phone was off," George doesn't bite.

"That's what I meant, sorry, just misspoke. I'll head to the dorm now, sorry," the blonde begins to feel bad.

He had been needing some time apart from his friends, Tommy seeming like a decent option. No matter how annoying the boy could be, his sense of humor was refreshing, the laid back attitude of the boy was something Clay was missing in his life.

Tommy's voice rings out through the door, "BadBoyHalo thank you for the raid! Raiders welcome!"

Clay stops registering what George is saying, instead muttering a quick goodbye, "I'll be there in ten, hold on, I need to do something."

Stepping back into the boy's dorm room, he does his best to stay out of the camera's view, waving his arms before mouthing "Mute," until Tommy finally understands what he's trying to say.

"Chat, give me a moment," Tommy turns back to his computer before looking back to the senior, "What? I can't do this right now Dream."

"Who did you say just raided you?"

"BadBoyHalo, he's a pretty big streamer," Tommy glances back down to his monitor, "raided me with nearly three thousand viewers."

"Tommy, I have to go, that name, hold on," Clay doesn't bother explaining himself, instead running out the freshman's dorm.

He's stood outside Sapnap's dorm for a few moments, pounding on the front door until he sees the man he was hoping to find walking down the stairs. None of his friends, to Clay's knowledge, no one at all had really spoken to the new kid.

"You're BadBoyHalo," he says breathlessly, the man in front of him going wide eyed.

"Um, I'm Bad," the boy looking around rapidly.

"No, BBH, Bad, BadBoyHalo, right?" he gives the senior in front of him a look before he's being pulled inside and up the stairs.

"Listen, I don't need people finding out I play Minecraft for a living," he says through gritted teeth.

"Oh my God this is perfect," Clay nearly laughs, pulling out his phone.

"I shouldn't have raided Tommy, I just thought it was going to be funny," Bad groans, Clay tapping his shoulder and holding his phone out to the man, his own channel pulled up, "Dream? Yeah, I know Dream, I saw his video, what are you-" Bad is cut off by the blonde pressing the video, letting his own voice play out.