Cupid

3rd person p.o.v

It was just another normal St. Valentine's day on beach city. The sun was shining and the clouds were quietly moving throughout the sky. Seagulls were passing by, making squealing noises as they stopped on a nearby trashcan for their pizza-crust breakfast. The people of beach city were walking on the sidewalk on their way to their favorite donut place for the special heart-shaped donuts that The Big Donut was currently selling.

While business was blooming in beach city, there was something else blooming as well, and that was love. 100% pure-unexpected-random love was spreading throughout the little city, but that was no coincidence. Cupid, the little god of love, was around; randomly shooting magical love arrows at people, animals, and even pizzas.

"One day of love for you.. another for you.. and for you? No.. not really.. I'M JUST KIDDING !! a day of love for you too!!" Little Cupid exclaimed as he shot an arrow to a nearby seagull. "gosh..i-I think I love you!" confessed Mr. Smiley to the seagull. The seagull made some squealing noises confessing it's love for the man as well and they both set off to Fun-land for a day full of.. well.. FUN.

The little god giggled to himself proudly at the totally random couple he had just formed. He was here for some target practice after all, so it was fine to go all out and random since he never had the chance to do that before. They say love is so spontaneous that you never know when it will hit you. Well that was true, LITERALLY. This little god came here to have some fun since he had been grounded for quite some time earlier. He was responsible for starting the Trojan war after all.

Since no one could see him, he could stand anywhere he wanted. With only a white piece of robe tied around his waist to cover himself, he felt free and grateful to have the ability to be invisible to anyone. He didn't have any wings like some Greek books say; so he had to walk wherever he needed to go. He used some very well made leather sandals that allowed him to run for days straight until he reached his destination. He also carried a quiver to hold his bow and arrows; although it wasn't heavy, it was still pretty uncomfortable to wear while moving. So each time he was going to shoot an arrow, he preferred to take it off first.

After shooting a few more people, (this sounded less violent in my head) Cupid decided to take a break and go eat something. After transforming into his human disguise; Cupid went inside The Big Donut and ordered two chocolate donuts with rainbow sprinkles.

" ooook, that will be $ 3.75!" said the guy behind the counter. He was a tall, kind of slim, brunette man with sun tanning marks on his body. He wore a purple colored work uniform; but he seemed to enjoy what he did by that big smile painted across his face. "WHAT? are you for real?? almost $4 for two donuts?? maaan.. this is a robbery" Cupid exclaimed as he took out his wallet. Seeing the miserable $1 that sat inside the dusty piece of leather, Cupid decided to bribe our one and only donut employee with a wonderful wish.

"Heeeey, my guy.." Cupid said eyeing the man's name tag. "Dewey.. DEWEY! yeah, hey man listen.. have you ever had any desire for someone? let's say.. I don't know.. a crush on anybody?" The little god asked persuasively as a blush started forming on Dewey's face. "i-I.. uhh.. yes.. I have- HAD! a crush on this cute chick a few years ago.. but she never really noticed me.." Dewey nervously said scratching the back of his head as he looked down to the counter top in embarrassment.

"Oh.. is that so? well.. what if I told you I could change the outcome of that? If you give me these donuts for free, I could make her fall in love with you" Cupid said in a persuasive tone as he got closer to the counter. "w-Wait.. are you for real?" Dewey asked with a hint of hope in his voice. "Of course dude, all you gotta do is tell me who the lucky lady is, and then I will shower her with some magic. She will be all yours" Cupid said, taking a golden arrow out of his quiver. "I think she was a lesbian though.." Dewey whispered awkwardly to himself. Oh.. the poor man.