One More Day

(Y/n)'s p.o.v

When Steven and I were together there wasn't much to say. Steven and I were always kind of awkward with each other, since the day he found out I was not straight.

Our relationship as best friends took a turn and now these last few months have been a nuisance for me and him. There was a lot of work to do at little home world and most of the time those work tasks required strong individuals to do huge tasks, like construction as well as destruction of unwanted buildings.

Working together with Steven is not as enjoyable as it used to be. Before coming out we were inseparable. Everywhere we went together, it was always such a chill time with him. We joked around, we went out to eat together, we visited the mall and helped eachother find outfits for ourselves. It was awesome.

Now it's like I'm not even there. I see him every day, always more tired, always more out of it. And every time I try to approach him he flees. Maybe I did something bad, maybe I did something that hurt him and I didn't even know. But I want to fix it. I want to see him the way I used to AGAIN. Even now looking at him through the inside of the big donuts glass door, walk tiredly to his home all I want is to fix our relationship.

Steven's p.o.v

I got home. Took a shower. Went to my room locking the door behind me and went ahead and take my shirt and pants off.

Hanging out in my room in my undies is the thing that brings me more JOY than anything else.

I went ahead and called Connie, it had been already two days and I knew if I went for a third without calling her she would be MAD.

*call noises*

"Heyy Connie" I said faking a smile, while turning on my TV to watch a movie, "how's your trip to the university going?"

"It's going fine, and Steven" Connie took a pause, "why are you just calling me back? Is something going on over at home?"

Steven hesitated. There were a lot of things going on right now. Some things stressed him more than others. But the thing that stressed him out the most was the very individual that was currently in his home other than himself.

"Nono it's nothing you should be concerned with, just little home world stuff that has me really busy" I said nervously, kind of hoping she wouldn't bring up anything else.

"..." Connie took a pause. "Steven, after everything we went through, you really think you can hide stuff from me?"

"... I'm sorry..."

"Is THAT still bothering you?" Connie asked carefully. "Steven, that was MONTHS ago. I know it might be scary for you, but you should really talk to him."

I knew what she meant by THAT. But it was neither the time or place to do anything about it.

"I.... can't.." I struggled to say.

"You have to move on Steven, I can't stand you feeling like this over something that is literally normal in your family" Connie said irritated. Maybe the college trip WAS getting to her. "I will give you 30 minutes to go and talk to him. If you don't then I'm fucking calling him myself"

"...Please don't swear Connie"

".. I'm sorry. Lately I haven't been feeling well either, *sigh* but I WILL call him if you don't get to him first, Steven"

"I understand. I love you"

"I love you too, good night"

*call ends*

I pressed my face on my pillow and I let out a very quiet scream.

I was still on my undies and to be honest I did not want to change, so I just put on a very oversized hoodie and went up to the greenhouse dome, where (y/n) had made a place to call his room.