Grambling Freak

3rd person p.o.v

It was early in the morning and the sun was already starting to come out. Yet, (y/n) was already entering the gates of Hyakkaou Private Academy; A high-class elite school housing the children of Del Marva's most wealthy and influential people. With many future leaders and professionals among the student body, this Academy was considered one of the best in the entire world. But what made this Academy an "elite" school wasn't it's highest grades on the entire nation, but what was beyond academics.

Gambling

Every day after classes, students from all over the campus gathered and gambled. The people with the most money were the ones most respected, as for the ones that had fallen into debts and suffered bankruptcy were the ones treated as a lower class. Much lower than humans; and for that reason, they gave them collars with the name fido (or doggie) for a boy, and mittens( or kitten) for a girl. These students were known as house pets, and could be treated however their master desired. (y/n) was one of them.

After losing more money than he could ever have in a gamble, (y/n) instantly became a house pet; and for that reason, life at Hyakkaou Academy had been an endless cycle of torture for him. Serving as a stepping stool or even a foot rest, (y/n) was humiliated every day and regreted the moment he lost everything to that girl, or to be more precise now, his master. Connie.

Connie was not only a master at gambling, but also a cruel pet owner. Any time (y/n) even so moved a little to stretch, she would kick him until she got tired. "discipline" as she called it. (Y/n) was so tired of this, and was ready to quit life; but one day, a certain person arrived to the Academy, and suddenly, everything shifted.

(y/n)'s p.o.v

I was arriving to my classroom one morning. It wasn't anything unusual. I was already used to being tripped over while walking on the hallways. It was a price to pay for becoming house pet, everyone already knew that, but when I walked into the classroom, no one bullied me. Everyone's attention seemed to be directed towards something else. "Hey, did you hear about that new student? It seems like they are coming to our classroom!" "OMGGG yes! I hope it's a boy, the ones here are crap" "HEY!! I heard you!!"

'A new student huh? Really weird time to start school since it began a semester ago'. (y/n) thought. Sitting down on his desk, he started taking out the needed books from his backpack. Suddenly, everyone sat down and got quiet. "Good morning!!" "Good morning Mrs. Vidalia"

"I told you guys to call me V! or Mrs. V- oh whatever, well we HAVE A NEW STUDENT!! Say hello to Steven Universe!" Our teacher announced. Well if you looked at that. The students were not only gamblers but it seemed like they were also tarot card readers. Knowing the future was an interesting ability. I could really use it for.. well for some stuff hehe.

"Heh, hello guys! I am so glad to be assigned this class. It seems like I hit the jackpot! You all seem really cool and I for one am honored to be learning from every one of you. May we all become good friends in the future!" The new guy said in a loud, triumphant tone. "Did you hear that?! he wants to get to know us!!" "Yes and he's so cute!" "He's not THAT cute Peridot.. what about me?"

'cute' is the only word that resonated from that guy. His appearance seemed to radiate happiness and for some reason innocence. Big round eyes, rosy cheeks, and curly hair were the traits of the most beautiful guy I had ever seen. Suddenly, he moved. He was assigned a seat next to the only House Pet in the classroom. He sat down right next to ME. "Hello!! I'm happy I was assigned this seat! You seem really nice, can we be friends?" Steven said with a joyful tone. Everyone around the classroom turned to look at me in disgust. The fact that the fist person Steven met was a house pet is enough to throw everyone off. What's more, is that nobody was friends with the house pets. They were so despised even nobody directed a word to them, only to insult them or proclaim their disgust towards them. The tag around my neck was something I couldn't hide. Steven was naive to think it was a good idea to become friends with me, but for some reason something told me I should accept him as a friend. Something I yet didn't know made me turn to him for guidance. "Of course" I replied.