Desperation

Steven's p.o.v

"JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GO TO YOUR ROOM!!" Dad yelled at me after after tossing me to the ground. The loud thud could be heard from all across the house. A huge wave of pain quickly traveled my body. "nnnnhhah!" I moaned in pain from the familiar abuse I had just experienced. Ever since my real Dad died two years ago, this guy started to come more frequently to the house. He only came to have his way around my Mom and beat the shit out of me. I was so fucking tired of this. I was ready to stand up to that man like I had secretly practiced before, but before I could do anything, the feelings caught up to me. A vengeful and determined expression quickly broke into a terrified, tired one. I quickly got up from the floor and headed straight to my room before the tears would come out. I couldn't let him see me cry. Not like this. Not right now. I was already a stupid, good-for-nothing gay slut that he could beat up whenever he wanted to. He was the only reason I was able to believe that nothing could get more worse than this.

I hated being treated like this... as if I wasn't having a horrible time at school already. The kids made fun of me ever since 3rd grade when I decided to finally show the world the birthmark on my belly. They laughed and laughed and I couldn't do anything about it except hate myself for being so naive. It became so overwhelming that sooner or later I didn't have any more friends. Nobody wanted to hang out with the freak. The lack of friends soon turned me into a quiet, lonely boy at school. Without friends, the only person I could talk to, was myself. I have whole weeks worth of conversations with myself, and I sometimes wonder what could have happened if I hadn't shown those kinds my birthmark. Well if they didn't like that I could always show them more stuff! like the new bruises on my body.. or the antidepressants I'm currently taking, OH! and what about the bills I have to pay with my minimum-wage shit salary!

The only thing that kept me sane was my sense of humor. Why deal with your problems when you can joke about them... right?. Well either way, I wouldn't be thinking this much if it wasn't because I was in bed, crying about what had happened earlier with my Dad. Now that I think about it, I haven't taken a single antidepressant today! . That's why I'm feeling so lowwwww. Well, I will just have to go get some water to pass it down more easily and then it will be all fun and rainbows again.

But just as I got out of bed, the door to my room opened. It was my dad. He had an annoyed expression, which looked weird on him. My Mom could almost be observed on the slightly ajar door. She had her arms crossed as if waiting impatiently for something. "HEY k-Kid" Dad started saying as he stood in front of me. "So umm your Mum and I are going to the movies and we need a little extra cash from you" Dad started but I already knew where this was headed. They always did this. Always made up excuses about going somewhere to spend a little money, but in reality they just go someplace far from here to get high. My Mom was never like this, but this guy got her into things that only hurt her more than she already has been since my Dad's death.

*Cough cough*

My Mom drew the attention of my Dad signaling him to do something. "Oh and yeah, sorry about earlier " He spat out in annoyance. I could not believe him. He beat the shit out of me, threw me on the floor, and couldn't give two fucks about how I felt about it; and on top of that he was expecting a reward to saying sorry for something he wasn't even sorry about. He might be my new Dad, but to me, he is nothing more than a pile of crap. "Ok, I said it. Now where's the money?!" He asked impatiently as a hint of irritation could be observed from his face. I frowned at the question. I couldn't spend more money on their crap or I would come short on the monthly expenses of the house. So I made a daring move and decided to finally confront that man.

"no" I said nervously.

In that instance, irritation turned into anger, and anger turned into violence. "WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN 'NO' ?!" Dad yelled at me at the top of his lungs as he directed a violent smack to my cheeks. "Uhf" I moaned in pain. The area where the hit had landed felt like it was burning with boiling water. After that, one of his hands grabbed my jaw with force and brought me towards him. "You fucking disrespectful piece of shit, now here's what's gonna happen. You're going to give me some money for your mom and I and you're going to do it NOW!" Dad said increasing his grip on my face.