Chapter 1:

*******I want to start off by saying that I do not own 'Sweet Home' or any of its characters. I do, however, own Hwang Ji-eun and her storyline as I have made her up myself. Anyways, the main character here will be Hwang Ji-eun. She has a condition that will be further explained in the story, but in short, she gets bloody noses frequently, which will make her be suspected of being infected. But anyways, that's all for now, so please enjoy.****

Standing outside of the Green Home apartment complex, I took a deep breath as I looked up at the old building. A place that had once been home to many happy families, now seemed so devoid of life.

The shrubbery was overgrown, vines growing along the sides of the building. I was shocked to see how run down the building looked after all these years.

My grandfather, who had lived here for years, had recently died. And me, being the only grandchild living close to him, was sent to clean out his apartment. I remember coming to visit my grandfather here when I was a child. The building wasn't as run down as it was now.

I sigh, before walking towards the building and entering in through the front doors. I had made sure to call the building owner ahead of time, so that the security guard could give me the passcode to my grandfather's apartment.

However, when I arrived at the security office, the guard was not there. I look into the messy office, seeing papers on the floor and a mattress in the corner. It seemed as if the security guard was living in the office.

"The code should still be the same." I mutter to myself, as I decide to try the passcode that my grandfather had used for years.

I make my way to the elevator, pressing the button and waiting for it to arrive.

After a minute, it arrives. The doors opening to reveal a woman pushing a baby stroller.

"Go ahead." I say as I step aside, letting the woman pass by me.

The woman gives me a kind smile as I then enter the elevator. I watch as she looks down at her stroller before speaking.

"Look how kind and pretty this young lady is. You'll look as pretty as her when you grow up, won't you my angel?" She says.

I smile slightly, looking down at the stroller to see the child. However, the smile drops from my face when I notice that the stroller is empty. Before I can even question it, the elevator doors close, leaving me to my own thoughts.

"C'mon Ji-eun. Let's just hurry up so we can go home." I say to myself as I shake the thought of the women and the empty stroller out of my mind. I press the number 8 on the wall, and the elevator slowly goes up the building.