Chapter 12- Empty Space

“Ladies and Gentlemen, we will be landing in Georgia, Atlanta in around 30 minutes. The temperature is currently a nice 75 degrees, so make sure to enjoy the fresh air today. Thank you for flying with us, and have a great day.”

The pilot signs off and I look out the window of the airplane. Atlanta was so beautiful…at least from an aerial view.

“Are you excited?” Josh asks me, squeezing my hand.

I nod, “Very. I just hope that none of your fans-“

“OH MY GOSH! Your Josh Hutcherson! I can’t believe I slept through the whole flight without noticing you! I mean, your not unnoticeable or anything I mean, oh my gosh!”

I look over past Josh and see a small, brown-haired girl across the aisle from us. She is holding a pillow, which by the looks of it, has a pillowcase with Josh’s face on it. Oh, goody.

“Uh, yeah, I-“ Josh begins.

“I can’t believe that your on this plane, I mean, wouldn’t you have a private jet? Well, it doesn’t matter because it’s better for me. Oh my gosh, will you please sign this pillow? And maybe take a picture with me?” the fan rants.

“Uh, sure.” Josh answers, looking over at me.

I scoff, looking out the window.

When I look back at Josh, he is posing for a picture with the crazed fan. I really hope that the whole trip will not be like this; constant fans bombarding us with requests for signatures and pictures. But when I think about it, Josh is a superstar. I should have expected this when I let him into my life.

“Alright, that should do.” Josh says, hugging his fan.

She squeals, sitting back in her seat and looking through her pictures.

Josh turns back to me, “Are you okay, babe?”

“Yeah, I just…” I sigh, “I don’t want this trip to be ruined by all of your fans. I think it’s great that you have a lot of them, I just don’t want the focus of our time here to be them. You know what I mean?”

“Of course I do. I promise, I’ll do everything I can to make sure that we won’t be tackled over. In fact…” Josh says, grabbing his backpack, “I even brought some clichéd disguises for us to wear when come out of the airplane.”

He hands me a scarf, hat, and a pair of oversized sunglasses. Then, he grabs sunglasses and a hat for himself.

“There! Now, nobody will know who we are…hopefully,” he says.

I chuckle, and look out the window for the remainder of the flight. I hope this trip will be as great as Josh promise it would be. I really hope so.

“Alright, here is our apartment!” Josh says, unlocking the door.

“It so cute!” I exclaim, walking in. I walk straight to the bedroom and chuckle when I see that there is only one bed.

“So,” Josh says, walking in and setting his bags down as well, “We still have five hours until the meeting so-“

“Meeting? What meeting?” I ask, surprised.

“Oh! I completely forgot to tell you! So, Jen asked to meet up with Liam and I to talk about the movie. You know, just to get together before we get to work.”

“Jen? As in Jennifer Lawrence? And Liam Hemsworth?”

“Yeah, you should come too! I really want you to meet them!”

“Uh, yeah sure. I guess I’ll come.”

I think I played that off well. Don’t show your excitement…not yet.