Chapter 9

With Mina's words and support firmly on his mind, Izuku quickly made his way to the Yaoyorozu residence. He was ready for this. Had been ready for some time now. He had allowed everything else to get in the way. Making excuses for not pushing through with what he had already planned. No more.

As he approached the manor, he stopped at the gates, where he pressed the button to announce his arrival. After a moment, the screen beside it came to life, revealing a man in his late-30s to early-40s. Izuku recognized the man as Sebastian, the family's head butler. The man had a small edge of a smile as he regarded the teen.

"Master Midoriya," he addressed Izuku. "It's good to see you. I believe you are here to call after the young Mistress? Come in. I'll meet you at the door." The image shut off as the gates opened, allowing Izuku access. Izuku was very observant, and knew something was slightly off about Sebastian. He shrugged, as he was sure he would figure it out eventually.

True to the butler's words, Sebastian was waiting at the door as Izuku approached it. He gave the younger man a bow, even though Izuku had told him time and again it was unnecessary. Sebastian had chosen to ignore Izuku's protests.

As Sebastian let Izuku into the foyer, he held a hand up.

"Just a moment," he said. "They should be finishing up their...meeting...soon." There was a way that Sebastian had said meeting that implied something other than one of the various meetings Momo's parents usually had almost daily.

As if to answer the unasked question the double doors to the study suddenly burst open, and a blast of heat hit Izuku. Stepping out was none other than the Number 2 Pro Hero, Endeavor. And he did not look overly pleased (though, Izuku mused, when did he ever?). Following behind were Daisuke and Minuet Yaoyorozu, and then Momo shortly thereafter. Endeavor turned to Momo's parents.

"You would do well to take my offer seriously," he said, trying to be intimidating. "You have no idea the kind of sway I have." Momo's father, Daisuke, was quick to reply.

"Your 'offer', as you call it, is outdated, and the Yaoyorozu Dynasty will have no part of it." There was a steel in the man's voice, and his eyes bore into Endeavor with a similar level of edge. "And we will be just fine from your empty threats. Good day, sir."

Endeavor went to open his mouth to protest further, but was cut off by Minuet.

"My husband said good day, sir," she said, her own voice matching the steeliness of her husband's. Endeavor simply growled as he left, passing by Izuku. The two glanced at each other, Izuku sharing the same look of coldness towards the Number Two as the Yaoyorozu's held, before Endeavor was shown out by Sebastian.

Once the man was gone, Izuku looked towards the family. Daisuke seemed to deflate a bit, as if the encounter had taken a toll on him. Which, to be honest, it probably had. It's not every day a person would stand unflinching against the Number Two. As Izuku approached them, he heard their conversation.

"I'm worried, Minnie," Daisuke said. "We won't give, but he could do irreparable damage. The weight of the Number Two Hero's words are heavy. We can endure, and our lawyers will have a field day with any slander or libel he attempts, but the damage will still be done until those proceedings are through." He paused as he saw Izuku approach. Izuku's brow furrowed.

"Is there anything I can do?" Izuku asked. The family, especially Momo, smiled at the young man. He had quickly endeared himself to Momo's parents when he and Momo had begun their friendship, and they were open about certain worries they had. Especially when it came to Momo. It appeared this was no different.

"I don't know, Izuku," Minuet replied. "Endeavor came in here, practically demanding an arranged marriage between our Momo and his youngest son, Shoto. We of course told him no. We are going to stand by that, but we are still worried about Yaoyorozu Industries, and what his words could do to it. We're worried about the families of our employees, and our employees themselves."

"I don't want to marry someone I don't love," Momo was saying, "but, to avoid this..."

"No." Izuku, Daisuke and Minuet all said in unison, before Izuku stepped forward. He sighed as he mulled over his decision. "I may have a solution." He pulled his phone out. He knew this might be a lot to ask, but he couldn't let something like this stand. He dialed the number, and waited for the other party to pick up, which didn't take long.

"Young Midoriya, to what do I owe the pleasure of your call?"

"Good evening, All Might," Izuku replied, causing the eyes of Daisuke and Minuet to widen. Momo's did as well, but not as much. "I'm really sorry about this, but I have a rather large favor to ask. Can you come to the Yaoyorozu Residence? I'll explain in detail when you get here."

"For you, my boy. Anything." All Might said. "I'll be there soon."

After the call had ended, it was mere minutes before Sebastian opened the door, and welcomed the next guest. He looked shocked as he introduced the Number One Hero.

"A pleasure to meet you both," All Might said, his smile wide as always as he made the acquaintance of Momo's parents. With pleasantries out of the way, he turned to Izuku. "What favor do you have to ask of me, Young Midoriya." Izuku gestured to Momo's parents.

"Is it okay if you fill All Might in with what's going on?" After the shock had warn off, Momo's parents nodded.

"Of course," Minuet said. "But first, let's take a seat in the study. Would you care for tea, All Might?"

"That would be wonderful," All Might replied. "Thank you for your hospitality." They made their way into the study and took their seats. Izuku and Momo sat beside one another, very close, with Izuku taking Momo's hand for comfort (and more), causing Momo to blush, but she reciprocated, entwining their fingers.

Once they had their tea, Daisuke filled in All Might about their meeting with Endeavor, and the threats he gave them if they didn't take the offer. Needless to say, the actions of the Number Two did not sit well with him.

"This is very troubling indeed," he said. "As much as I would like to, I can't go around airing this for the public eye. They don't need to see the Numbers One and Two to go at each other. It could cause serious problems for society as a whole."

To this, Momo's parents agreed.

"But, I'm sure Young Midoriya has a solution, if he knew to call me about this." To which Izuku nodded before speaking.

"We beat Endeavor to the punch," Izuku stated. "If you're willing, All Might, you could give Yaoyorozu Industries your support. With the Number One Hero backing their business, Endeavor would be hard pressed to follow through on his threats without his image, and possible ranking, being put in jeopardy." To this statement, All Might's smile widened more, and the look of awe on Momo's parents' faces spoke volumes. They turned to All Might.

"Would you be willing to do that?" Minuet asked.

"I know the good your business does for the world," All Might responded. "So, I wouldn't be lying about my support for the sake of my protege. I'm sorry that this is what caused me to voice that support."

"Thank you, so much, All Might," Daisuke said, before turning to Izuku. "And thank you, Izuku. For your quick thinking." Then, seeing the position Izuku and his daughter were in, he smiled wryly. "I see you came to see Momo. All Might, would you like to speak more in another room to allow these youngsters to spend time with one another?"

"Of course!" All Might responded, also seeing what was going on. The adults quickly left the room, leaving just Izuku and Momo. Once they had gone, Momo immediately wrapped her arms around Izuku in a tight embrace.

"You have no idea how much that means to me, Izuku," she was crying, tears she hadn't let herself cry to show she was strong in front of Endeavor and for her parents. Izuku returned the embrace, his hand tracing small circles on her back to comfort her. "Why do you do treat me so well, Izuku?" she asked.

They pulled a bit away, but still held one another. They looked deep into the other's eyes. Izuku's response was not words, though. Instead, he brought his hand up and cupped her chin. Then, with minimal hesitation, he closed the distance between their lips.