Chapter 14

Aizawa walked ahead of the two students as they made their way to their destination. Honestly, he would have been more than happy to just let the students go about their day, as everyone had shown the potential to be a Hero, but things had changed since preparations for the start of the school year, and truly began in earnest at the teachers' meeting that took place shortly after the Entrance Exams.

Flashback

Aizawa hated these initial meetings for the upcoming school year. He honestly felt that the bulk of the information they received during these meetings could be done through email. It took away any additional time he had for sleeping. Which was one thing he would never admit to anyone that he hated about himself.

He was tired...all of the time. It was own fault, he knew that. He had never truly gotten acclimated to being a teacher as well as holding on to his Underground patrol schedule. With the amount of time he had spent on his Underground schedule, he had developed a form of insomnia for when he attempted to rest during the day time between his school schedule and his patrols, and he was usually wide awake at night, so realized trying to pull back on his patrol schedules wouldn't have really helped.

However, he had a feeling he would have to get acclimated soon for this school year. There had been word of some special announcements, one of which had been the inclusion of All Might as a teacher of UA this school year. To Aizawa, it didn't make sense, but they had been promised clarification during this meeting.

So, he was currently sitting between Present Mic, Hizashi Yamada, and Midnight, Nemuri Kayama, awaiting the arrival of Principal Nezu and All Might and the start of the meeting.

"You know, I've figured out a way to more or less keep your schedule while helping you sleep," Nemuri was telling him. This wasn't the first time she or Hizashi had brought up his lack of sleep and wanting to help. Though he rarely, if ever, showed it, he was grateful for his two friends. He sighed.

"Can you wait until this meeting is over to show me?" he asked, his tone neutral. Nemuri blinked a few times, waiting for Aizawa to hit her with one of ruses, telling her it would be illogical for him to change his habits so suddenly. When none came, she found her voice once more.

"You're actually going to accept our help this time?" she asked, though winced when he glared at her. "Sorry. Just use to you brushing us off." Aizawa sighed once more.

"It would be illogical for me to keep exhausting myself," he stated. "Plus, whatever the rat has to tell us is sure to have me need to start getting sleep."

"Right you are, Aizawa," Principal Nezu stated from his seat at the head of the table. Everyone looked over, only slightly startled at the Principal's sudden arrival. How does he do that? Everyone thought in unison, as the door to the conference room opened, and All Might stepped in. Nezu waited for everyone to get settled in before he began.

Most of the beginning meeting was basic information, schedules, going over which students who passed the exam would be in which Hero course class, to include the recommendation students. A lot of things that, again in Aizawa's mind, could have been handled through email. But then, Nezu through a huge wrench into the meeting by his next announcement.

"What you are about to see and hear does not leave this room," he said in an unusually serious, almost threatening, tone, and the entirety of the staff was quick to acknowledge Nezu's words. Once he received the acknowledgement, he turned to the newest staff member.

"All Might," he merely said. The Number One Hero nodded and, in a puff of smoke, revealed his emaciated form to his new co-workers. Everyone in the room save for Nezu and Recovery Girl, had looks of shock on their faces. Even Aizawa, as collected as he attempted to be, still widened his eyes at what he was seeing. Before anyone could ask for an explanation, All Might chimed in, pulling up his shirt to reveal his wound.