Chapter 11

Izuku stood at the gates of the fake city. They were just waiting on the practical exam to start. Izuku couldn't help but wonder how Mina, Kirishima, and Nakagami were holding up, but he believed in them. Still didn't make him any less worried about them. They were his friends after all.

He considered how to best approach the task at hand. Being able to wield about 30-35 % of One for All would make combating robots fairly easy. The biggest obstacle was the two Quirks from previous users he had unlocked less than a month ago. It had happened during one of his meditations. During it, he had entered a black area, and was met by the vestiges of the previous holders.

During this, two of them had stepped forward, telling him to be prepared. One was a woman, that reminded Izuku a bit of his own mother, but this woman had black hair and a mole below her mouth. She was smiling to Izuku, and he could hear her say something regarding Toshinori picking well. If it weren't for the fact that Izuku had learned All Might's real name some time ago, he would have no idea who she was talking about.

The other was a bald man, who looked to be wearing some form of biker outfit. He was very outgoing and a little playful, but there was also an air of seriousness. He seemed to take the reigns first, and began explaining his Quirk- Black Whip, and how Izuku would need to focus on using it.

After his meditation, he had started training, and, per the man's words, he started using Black Whip. Some time later, he had learned about Float. He did his best to incorporate both into his training, but he was still more comfortable with his established 'Shoot Style'. Of course, this had brought up a completely separate issue: the name for his Quirk. He had initially thought along the lines of "Super Power" for the Quirk name listed on his registration.

However, with this new development, he wasn't sure if Super Power would cover the power. After some brainstorming with his friends, primarily Momo and All Might, Izuku had decided to update his Quirk registration to list his Quirk as "Power Conversion"

"Power Conversion: Allows the user to convert power to boost speed, strength, and agility, but can also be converted different types of power, currently including a flight like ability and black tendrils. Due to nature of Quirk, and lateness of development (due to body not physically capable of manifesting at usual age of 4), more abilities may manifest through continued growth." It would also be a good way to explain should any other Quirks of the prior Holders appeared in the future.

Izuku wouldn't be relying that heavily on the two newer Quirks, but would still use them if he felt it was needed. Plus, using them meant he became more comfortable with using them. He looked around the gathered candidates, and noted the outspoken blue-haired boy from the auditorium. Izuku chose to continue looking around, when he a brunette who looked incredibly nervous.

As he approached her to reassure her, he was intercepted by the boy.

"What are you doing?!" he shouted, chopping his arms as he spoke (which caused more than a few people to look in their direction). "Can't you see she is trying to..." he was cut off as Izuku rose his hand and sighed.

"She's nervous," Izuku said, plainly. "I was going to try to reassure her. Nothing else. Excuse me." With that, he continued on his way to help the girl. However, he never got the chance, as the doors opened, and the voice of Present Mic called out through the intercom.

"GO!!!" Izuku immediately activated full cowling and dashed through the now-open gateway. As he made his way in, he faintly overheard Present Mic.

"What are you waiting for? That kid has the right idea. There are no countdowns in real life." Sure enough, the rest of the applicants charged through the gate as well. Luckily, Izuku had a pretty good lead as he rounded the corner.

"Target acquired!" the mechanical voice that greeted him he noted was emitting from the robot before him. Based on the handout and lecture, Izuku noted this to be a two-pointer. He quickly dodged one of it's arms that came swinging down, cratering the ground where Izuku had stood just a moment ago. He bounced off a nearby wall and delivered a kick that decapitated the robot.

Not wasting any time, Izuku moved on to look for more robots. As he did, he made sure not to steal any points from the other applicants. He also helped a few of them along the way. One such person had taken down a robot, but didn't see another approaching from behind. Though Izuku was a little bit away, he quickly called on Black Whip to pull the other applicant to safety. The person, a blond boy with what looked like a black lightning bolt in his hair, widened his eyes that he had almost gotten hit. He thanked Izuku before using some sort of electrical quirk to take down the other robot.

Izuku knew he was doing good, and heard Present Mic call out a 2-minute warning. He started to relax for a moment, looking around. There didn't seem to be any robots in this particular area, and other applicants around him either took the moment to take a breather, or moved out of the area probably to look for more points. Izuku was about to do the same when the ground started to shake.

Izuku looked in the direction the shaking was coming from, and saw the towering robot. The Zero Pointer. Could Izuku take it. At his current level with One for All? Doubtful. At 100% he could, but he would break his bones. He remembered Present Mic's words about the Zero Pointer being an obstacle to avoid, so he began to turn and leave, much like the other applicants running away.

"Help!" The words, though faint, caught Izuku's attention. He turned to the source, and saw the brown haired nervous girl from earlier. He resumed his running: in the direction of the Zero Pointer. One for All coursed through his body. He felt himself subconsciously activate Float. He wouldn't be able to reach the girl and pull her out on time physically. So, once again, he called on Black Whip to reach out and throw the rubble off of her.

She still wasn't safe, and Izuku knew what he had to do. Calling upon 100% of his inherited power, he flew towards the Zero Pointer. With a guttural yell, his fist made impact with the behemoth's head. A shockwave rang out as the Zero Pointer fell back, it's top half completely blown off.

Izuku was exhausted, but conscious enough to keep Float active long enough to reach the ground. When he did, he looked over the damage. His right arm was shattered. Recovery Girl was going to be furious with him. But right now, he ran over to check on the girl. She seemed overall fine, only complaining about a probably sprained ankle.

"We'll get you to Recovery Girl," Izuku said, offering his help.

"No need," a voice sounded, "I'm already here." Izuku turned to see the Youthful Heroine check on other applicants before her eyes found Izuku. She sighed and shook her head. This boy.