Chapter 7

Izuku awaited to be engulfed by the Sludge Villain. He closed his eyes, but the feeling never came. He ventured one of his eyes open, to see the Villain had been stopped by none other than All Might.

"I really am pathetic," All Might said, a smile etched on his face. "Couldn't handle my own battles before you and your friends bravely stepped forward. Now it's time to finish this!" Izuku's eyes widened in wonder as All Might pulled a fist back.

"CURSE YOU ALL MIGHT!!!" The Sludge Villain yelled out, and desperately went to attack the Number One Hero. It was all in vain, as All Might brought his fist forward.

"DETROIT...SMMMMAAAASSHHHH!!!" And with one punch, he blew the Villain into small bits, to be easily collected shortly thereafter. The attack was so powerful, it had changed the weather. The rain that fell helped to wash away any of the leftover sludge once the cleanup was over.

"What were you kids thinking, running in like that?" Death Arms was berating the four teens who had saved Bakugo from the Sludge Villain. Meanwhile, Bakugo, who had since recovered, was being praised by a few of the other Heroes. It put a bad taste in Izuku's mouth, and those of his friends.

"Are you kidding me?" he said, looking Death Arms straight in the eyes. The Pro's eyes widened a bit at the unexpected question. Before he had a chance to respond, Izuku continued.

"What were you thinking, not attempting to save a civilian?" Izuku asked. "I overheard all of you Pros. He," Izuku pointed over to Bakugo, who, like everyone else (including news crews), had focused attention on Izuku's rant. "would have died by the time a Hero with the 'right Quirk' came to save him." He didn't let up as he continued.

"And what if All Might, or anyone who didn't have said right Quirk show up at all? Would you have been okay with him dying. Or if All Might hadn't shown up after we," he indicated to himself and his friends, who were glaring at Death Arms, "got him out. Would you have been just as helpless and standing by if myself or any of them became the Villain's next victims? Or anyone else in the crowd?"

"Now just wait a minute!" Mt. Lady started, incredulously, but was quickly caught off by All Might.

"Enough!" he boomed, causing everyone to be silent. "What these young Heroes are saying is correct. It's true they acted without a license, but that doesn't matter. What they did was to save the life of another while you all just stood around. In fact, the only one that was trying to do anything was Backdraft. And even then, the hostages own Explosions weren't helping the situation. He was panicking." He turned to Bakugo.

"You're Quirk is impressive, I'll give you that, and would be great for Hero work." At first, Bakugo smiled widely at the praise from All Might, but was quickly crushed by All Might's next words. "But if you panic, you cause more problems for yourself and your fellow Heroes. Your Quirk alone should not be worthy of praise you receive, but what you do with it." He looked pointedly at the Heroes who had just been praising Bakugo, who turned away, embarrassed.

"Now if you don't mind," All Might finished, "I'll be taking these four Heroes home." He approached Izuku, Momo, Mina, and Kirishima, picking them up fairly easily. In doing so, Izuku and Momo were flush close with one another, causing them both to blush (and Mina to grin at the sight). With a quick warning to the group of friends to hold on tight, All Might leapt high into the air, making good distance from the scene.

*****

Some time later, All Might finally landed with the group. Getting their bearings, they finally realized where they were. They were back at Dagobah Beach. They wondered why All Might would bring them here. He hadn't asked them where they lived, so there was no way he knew that this was a central meeting place for them. They looked at the Number One Hero as he looked over to the horizon, letting out a deep sigh.

"What you're about to see, and what I am about to tell you is a secret you must swear to me never to reveal to anyone," he said. The tone of his voice left no room for argument, and the group quickly agreed. With one more sigh, a poof of smoke overtook him, and he reverted to his skinny, weakened form. To say the group of friends was shocked would have been an understatement. Izuku immediately went up to All Might as the Hero coughed up some blood.

"Are you okay?" he asked, worry joining alongside the look on his face. All Might turned to the boy and smiled gratefully.

"I'll be fine, Young Midoriya," All Might replied. He saw the look on Izuku's face, and laughed. "Yes, young man, I remember you. You asked me all those months ago if you could be a Hero without a Quirk. It seems you've taken my words to heart. You look much more fit and confident than back then." He looked out to the beach.

"This place has really come along from a few months ago, when it was a complete dump," he said. "It looks like someone's been working on it."

"That would be Izuku," Momo spoke up, indicating to the boy, which caused All Might to smile wider.

"Well, you all have been working on it, too," Izuku said. "I couldn't have done it without your support." This caused Momo to blush again, and All Might to chuckle.

"It seems you have great friends, that you trust and care for deeply," All Might interjected. "Which is why I'm letting them in on this secret as well. I know I told you all of those months ago that you could be a Hero without a Quirk as long as you worked hard, and you have. However, I would like to reward you for it as well. Before I do, I want to tell you about my Quirk."

All Might then proceeded to tell the group about One for All, and they listened in amazement, completely enraptured by everything. Hearing that it was a Quirk passed on from generation to generation. Things were starting to click for the group, and Momo was the first to realize where All Might was going with it.

"You want to offer your Quirk to Izuku." It wasn't a question, and the other three looked to All Might expectantly.

"Yes I am, young lady," he replied, smiling. "After what I've seen, any of you would be worthy of it..." he was cut off by Mina.

"Midori is far more deserving!" she said, with Momo and Kirishima both joining in. "He's the one that came up with the plan to save that guy back there."

"He should totally get this power of yours, All Might," Kirishima quickly followed, and then followed up with 'so manly'. Momo approached Izuku, taking a hold of his hand.

"Izuku, you have been through so much," she said. "I know it's in your nature to list off reasons of why any of us should get it, but I'm going to stop you before you do." Izuku turned his head sheepishly, as that had been exactly what he was about to do. "Please tell me you'll accept this." Izuku stood for just a moment, before he turned to All Might, resolve in his eyes.

"If that's what you're offering me," he said. "Then I accept." Somehow, it was possible for All Might to smile wider, and he did so at the boy's words.

"That's great to hear my boy," he said. "You have proven to me that you will be a Hero. Your body is already prepped to receive the Quirk that I bestow upon you." He plucked a hair from his head. "There's only one thing for you to do....." He buffed up into his muscle form.

"EAT THIS!"

A/N: Hey, everybody. I'm back with another chapter. I know I've been slacking a bit, just been busy. But I promise I'm going to be more consistent with updating my stories. Until next time.