Chapter 6

I can't believe that Villain gave me the slip through those sewers, All Might thought frustratingly to himself. Whoever the sludge-like Villain was, they definitely knew their way around the sewers. To All Might, it was a little complex. He followed the trail of the Sludge Villain before coming upon a grate that opened up underneath a bridge.

He was nearing his limit, and felt it best to conserve himself, dropping into his Skinny Form when he knew no one was around. He would need to be able to buff back up if he could ever find the Villain again. He just hoped no one was getting hurt because of his mistake. Then again, the Villain could have chosen to take the opportunity to get away with his ill-gotten gains.

As All Might, now more Toshinori Yagi, walked along the way, he thought about what brought him back to the city. He would be starting to teach at UA in the next 10 months. Of course, that was primarily to find a successor for One for All. There were a few good candidates that had been suggested to him, mostly by Principal Nezu and Sir Nighteye, his former sidekick.

However, his thoughts trailed back to the boy he had met all those months ago. Young Midoriya, All Might thought, fondly. I hope you've followed my advice. For whatever reason, Izuku had always popped into All Might's mind when he considered his successor for One for All. Maybe it was because Izuku reminded All Might of himself at that age. There was conviction to his words. Unfortunately, All Might knew that same conviction needed to be shown.

His was brought out of his reverie by a nearby explosion, and his eyes widened. Oh, no. He made his way as quickly to the scene as possible, again, wishing to conserve what he time he had left, and hoped he wouldn't be too late.

*****

Katsuki Bakugo was not having a good day. To be honest, the last couple of months since Izuku transferred away had not been that pleasant to the ash-blonde. That damn Deku, he thought through gritted teeth. His ego had taken a huge hit during the investigation that some random Pro Hero had apparently brought up about the school. Especially when a good bit of the teachers and administration had been fired. Most of the teachers there now didn't feed into awesome he knew he was.

He kicked a can across the alleyway, having ditched those two lackeys some time ago. The can clinked a few times before a weird, sickening splotch sound resounded through the alley.

"Ah, a nice meat shield for me to hide in," the growling voice spoke, as yellow eyes stared at Bakugo. Bakugo felt a weird feeling he wasn't accustomed to. He felt fear. He allowed small explosions to go off around his hands as he got into a defensive stance.

"And one with a powerful Quirk, too," the mass continued. "That should keep the Heroes off my back." He growled once more as he lunged.

*****

Izuku, Momo, Mina, and Kirishima had hurried over to the source of the explosion. There was a crowd gathered around, murmuring about some sort of Villain with a hostage. The group moved their way through the crowd to get a better view. The scene that met them was total chaos. Fires were blazing all around. And in the center of it all was a Villain that appeared to be made of sludge. And within that Villain appeared to be a person.

Izuku looked around to see if Heroes were present. At first, he felt relieved when he noted the likes of Death Arms, Kamui Woods, Mt. Lady, and Backdraft, as well as two or three lesser known ones. Backdraft was trying his best to put the fires out while the others were...standing around? Izuku's brow furrowed.

"Why aren't the Heroes doing anything?" he heard someone in the crowd ask, voicing the same question that was going through his mind. However, he was also close enough to hear their "excuses". It upset him that someone might die while the Pros were waiting on someone with a more "suitable Quirk".

He looked again to the Villain, and, when he got a glimpse of who was trapped inside the amorphous blob, his eyes widened. Bakugo? He thought for just a moment, before turning to his friends. They looked at him, seeing the look in his eyes, and they all agreed.

"Momo, can you make me escrimas and a small liquid nitrogen tank?" he said quickly. She nodded before quickly producing said item. He then looked to Mina and Kirishima. "Mina, I need you to use your Acid to keep any slime off of me and Kirishima. Kirishima, you and I are going to draw the Villains attention so Momo can freeze the Villain. He appears to be made of slime. Then, you and I can break him enough to rescue Bakugo."

"As much as I don't like the guy, he doesn't deserve to die," Mina said, with the others nodding. They were ready to set their plan in motion.

*****

Oh, man, I went over my limit, Toshinori lamented, as he looked on at the scene before him. He could be angry at the other Heroes present for not doing anything, but realized he would be hypocritical because he couldn't push past his limit to save someone.

He felt ashamed of himself. He made the attempt to buff up. C'mon, body. I need just a little bit. But it wouldn't give it to him. He sighed in resignation when another sight caused him to raise his eyes in wonder. A very familiar head of green hair, as well as another young man with black hair, a young woman with pink skin and hair, and a taller young woman with hair in a spiky ponytail burst through the crowd, heading straight for the Villain. And the green haired boy was leading them.

Toshinori saw the looks in their eyes, and one thought brought itself to the front of his mind.

I've found my successor.

*****

The four teens ignored the Heroes telling them to stay back. They would face the consequences after.

Their plan started out flawlessly. Mina had kept the Villain from interfering too much. Even though he was made of slime, he didn't resist her Acid. Izuku threw one of the Escrimas at the Villains eyes, causing him to yell out in pain, and divert his attention  even further. Momo took the opportunity to spray the liquid nitrogen over the Villain's body. Then, Kirishima and Izuku each hit different points, effectively shattering the Villain.

"Grab him, Kirishima!" Izuku yelled out, and Kirishima immediately grabbed Bakugo, who had since passed out, from the remains of the Sludge Villain. He quickly brought him to the closest Heroes, as well as waiting paramedics. The other three started to relax a little. They had done it. Momo shared a smile with Mina before looking towards Izuku, giving him a smile as well.

He returned it, before he noted Momo's eyes grow wide. His brow furrowed as he turned around, in enough time to see the Sludge Villain had molded himself back together. The Villain gave Izuku a sneer.

"I guess you'll have to replace him!" he shouted, before lunging at Izuku.