Chapter 15

Izuku and his friends made their way to UA for their second day of classes. They were excited, especially since their syllabus had listed today as being when they would have their first Heroics class. They couldn't wait to see what the first steps they would take to learning how to be Heroes properly would be.

They also had a pretty good inkling of who the Heroics teacher would be, given that All Might had done some of their acceptance letters. They knew there was a possibility they would be doing other things, but they were pretty sure on their theory that he was their Heroics instructor.

Regardless of their thoughts and theories, however, they would still have to wait until the class itself to know. As they neared the school, Mairu gave a look to Izuku and Kirishima. They nodded as they pulled Tatami and Momo ahead with them, leaving Mairu and Mina a little further back, as he slowed down and looked at her.

"Hey, Mina," he said, a little nervous. She smiled to him.

"What's up, Mairu?" she asked, tilting her head, but deep down hoping he was going to say what she thought he was.

"Now that we have a better idea of our schedule," Mairu began, "would you like to go with me on a date this weekend?" Mina grinned from ear to ear as she jumped to embrace Mairu.

"Of course I will," she whispered in his ear. He smiled, then offered his hand to her as they continued their walk to catch up with the rest of the friend group.

*****

The first part of the day progressed like any normal school day, with the various high school courses they still needed to take. Most of it was review from what they learned in middle school/junior high and introduction to the materials they would learn throughout the year. They also took some pre-tests to see where they each stood academically. Of course, Mina and Kaminari (who also had it listed in his file that he had dyslexia, as well as ADHD) were given the proper tools in order to take these tests.

Lunch was also a rather "normal" affair, aside from the fact they were being served by the Hero Lunch Rush. Izuku held in his inner nerd, but his friends knew how much he was gushing over the amount of Pro Heroes teaching them. They encouraged that he at least talk about it to them, as they valued his insight and found his intelligence when it came to the Pros and Quirks was both extremely helpful in training, as well as an endearing quality.

Soon, though, it was time. Their first Heroics class. They sat, a quiet yet powerful energy emanating from everyone in anticipation. Aizawa stood at the head of the room, making the announcement of their first Heroics lesson, and made a base introduction for their Instructor.

"I AM COMING THROUGH THE DOOR LIKE A NORMAL PERSON!!" All Might opened the door, extravagantly, announcing his arrival to the class. There was awe and comments that All Might would be teaching them. The moment was ruined, however, when Aizawa spoke again.

"That's not how a normal person comes through a door," he stated, deadpan. A few of the students, namely Mina, Kaminari, and Jiro, held back snorts at Aizawa's response. Aizawa gave them all a side glare before sighing.

"As All Might is a new teacher and not fully licensed, I'll be overseeing the class," he continued. He indicated to the wall, which had numbers 1-20. "Normally, you would be wearing the Hero costumes you put in for. However, given some...issues...that either yourselves or UA discovered when the costumes were initially released for final check from the Support companies, we've decided against that until the issues are resolved. Therefore, you'll be wearing your gym uniforms."

Most of the class understood, though there were quite a few were unhappy with the decision. Most who were unhappy just because they wanted to try out their costumes, or they had support gear on their costumes that would help them in combat, which they soon learned was the theme for this Heroics lesson. Others, like Bakugo, were upset that they couldn't use their costume for more selfish reasons.

Regardless, Aizawa sent them to change into their gym uniforms and meet them at Ground Beta. The class hurriedly did so, getting out to the area in about 7 minutes. Aizawa and All Might were already there, having a discussion. When Aizawa saw the class, he raised his eyebrow before addressing them.

"You're improving on your time," he stated. He then turned to All Might to continue, as this was his class. The Number One Hero nodded as he addressed the class.

"Today in Battle Training, we'll be doing a two v two scenario," he cleared his throat as he seemed slightly embarrassed about something. "Originally, I was going to call this a Heroes versus Villains battle scenario, but came to the realization that doing so might have negative connotations on those assigned to the "Villain" team. So, instead, both team will be designated as either "Rescuers" or "Defenders"." He paused for a moment.

"What was originally going to be acting as a "bomb"," he continued, "has now been replaced with a Rescue dummy. The scenario will seem different for each team, but the same rules will apply. The Rescue dummy has been designated an important person. For the "Rescuers", there job will be to rescue the "Hostage" from your opponents. Likewise, the "Defenders" will be defending the dummy from theirs. Victory can be achieved by getting to the dummy and placing both hands on it for the Rescuers, lasting 15 minutes without the Rescuers getting to the dummy as victory for the Defenders, or incapacitating or "capturing" both members of the opposing team. It goes without saying that the dummy must remain intact, or both teams will fail. For the purpose of capturing your opponent, you will each be given some capture tape."

Every nodded in understanding, as well as vibrated with excitement at the scenario. A few, such as Izuku and Momo, were already brainstorming ideas in their head before All Might continued.

"Now, we'll draw lots to determine teams and match-ups," All Might said. Before he could go further, Iida spoke up.

"Is it wise to do so, creating team so haphazardly?" he questioned. Izuku was the one to respond.

"Think about," he interjected. "You're not always going to be able to choose who you work with out in the field, so this serves to demonstrate that." Iida hummed for a moment as he considered Izuku's words.

"You are quite correct," he finally conceded. "My apologies."

"No problem," All Might said. "Let's draw lots." One by one, the students drew their lots to determine their teams. As much as Izuku wanted to be on a team with Momo, he wasn't entirely disappointed with who his partner ended up being. He was more concerned when he saw who Kirishima's partner was.

Pairings:

Team A: Izuku Midoriya and Mairu Satoshi

Team B: Shoto Todoroki and Mashirao Ojiro

Team C: Momo Yaoyorozu and Mezo Shoji

Team D: Katsuki Bakugo and Eijiro Kirishima

Team E: Mina Ashido and Tatami Nakagami

Team F: Tenya Iida and Ochaco Uraraka

Team G: Fumikage Tokoyami and Kyoka Jiro

Team H: Tsuyu Asui and Koji Koda

Team I: Denki Kaminari and Toru Hagakure

Team J: Ibara Shiozaki and Hanta Sero

Kirishima looked over to Izuku, a little concerned about the fact he had to work with Bakugo. Nevertheless, Izuku assured Kirishima that, if anyone could handle being a partner with someone volatile like Bakugo, Kirishima would be the best bet. Of course, a lot of those thoughts also went out the door when the match-ups were announced:

Team A v Team D

Team B v Team I

Team C v Team F

Team E v Team J

Team G v Team H

The matches were set, and first up would be Team A versus Team D. Izuku and Mairu against their friend Kirishima, and Izuku's former bully Katsuki Bakugo. This was going to be an intense first match.

A/N: So, I know I alluded that the Battle Trials would be this chapter. And then I realized the kind of set up I needed for it. So, Battle Trials will be getting underway next chapter, as well as the reveal of Satoshi's (the OC) Quirk. Stay tuned. :)