Miscarriage

I tried to make this really sad but it just didn't work cuz I'm just not that kind of person...(I'll edit it later)

House: Doesn't matter

Blood: Doesn't matter

Year: After Hogwarts (3 years after being married)

Y/N's POV: (Flashback)

I stood from my spot on the couch while placing a protective hand on my belly, now grown to the size and weight of a basketball. The baby was supposed to be due in a few weeks and I couldn't be more nervous yet happy. Nervous because soon, Draco and I will have a mini version of us around and excited for that exact reason. 

(a couple hours later)

"Mrs Malfoy...I'm extremely sorry. We all are. But your baby didn't make it. You had a miscarriage. It seems that there are small chances that you'd be able to give birth to a healthy baby because your body just can't take it."

(End of flashback)

Draco grabbed my hand gently and led me into our house. My heart was so numb with pain that I felt like I was just watching myself do things while my mind pondered what I had done wrong. Was it that I didn't do enough for my baby? Was it that I did something stupid and killed the baby without realizing it?

My feet slip out of my shoes before I wander into the living room. There were a couple moving pictures of me and Draco hanging on the walls. It all seemed black-and-white. The color in my life was gone. I seated myself on the couch and buried my head into my knees. I couldn't even cry. I was still in shock. 

"Y/N? Love, drink some water." Draco offered me a glass but I just shook my head. How could I do anything when my unborn baby is dead?

I felt a pair of strong arms start to pull me into a hug, but I stood and walked away, slowly making my way to the stairs. 

I left Draco sitting there, gazing at me, confused. My feet seemed to have a mind of their own as they carried me to the place where Draco and I first talked about getting pregnant: the small library in our house. I walked around for a couple minutes before finally exiting the room. I made it to our bedroom and sat down on the bed. 

The bed dipped down a little indicating that my husband had come and sat down next to me. He didn't say anything, just rubbed my back softly. 

A couple minutes later, Draco whispered softly, "Let's go to bed, darling. It's late." I just close my eyes and try to fall asleep, but every little thing reminded me of today's events. 

The ticking of the clock reminded me of how fast the nine months went by in preparation for the baby and in excitement. The silence of the room reminded me oh how happy I would be to be woken up in the middle of the night by my baby's cries. Just a few weeks earlier, this house radiated joy for the new family member, yet now it was the exact opposite. 

Draco was so excited. He'd happily whisper "good morning" and "good night" to my belly every day. He wanted to make sure that this baby would be as happy as possible. He wanted to be a good father and make sure his kids didn't go through what he did. 

The fact that I could never be able to fulfill that dream for Draco hurt me so bad. He deserves a family of his own. 

I ended up sobbing. How could I have let this happen? It's all my fault.  

My sobs echo around the room, but I never thought that I'd accidentally wake up my husband because of them. Not once did that enter my head until I felt his arms wrap around me comfortingly. "Shhhh. Love, it's okay." His voice was groggy and I suddenly felt extremely guilty for ruining his sleep. 

"Dr-draco...I killed our bab-by..." I sob before burying my head into his shoulder. His arms wrap around me tightly. 

"No you didn't. It happens, baby." Draco presses a couple kisses against my temple. 

"But...there's chances that we won't have a family of our own. I can't give you a family..." I say sadly. My tears had stopped and I was just miserable. 

"Baby, there are other ways of having a family. First of all, we could get a pet...ummm dog? Like muggles...or we could adopt a kid or two. Love, we can still have a family. And the doctor did say that there's a possibility that you could have kids."

Over the next few months, I healed. Draco was supportive and was always there for me. He never let me forget that he loves me. About eighteen months later, a baby boy was born. We named him Scorpius Malfoy and he was the light of our lives. Of course, our unborn baby, which we soon found out was a girl, will always be in our hearts.