Birthday

House: you can choose

Year: after the war 

Y/N's POV:

You were lead outside, a pair of soft, warm hands covering your eyes. "Careful, love. There's a couple steps in front of you. Going down. I've got you. I won't let you fall." A soft voice whispered to you. 

Draco had insisted on you living with him in the Manor. He wanted you to be with him. It's your birthday and Draco wanted to surprise you. You two have been dating since your 5th year. He'd been quite distant during your 6th year, but you understood that he did it to keep you safe. Your bare foot hit something. "Ow!" You mutter.

"Sorry love." Draco whispers before gently nudging you to keep going. Every once in a while, you tripped over something or stubbed your toe but it was all worth it when Draco pulled his hands away. 

There's a soft blanket spread out in front of you

There's a soft blanket spread out in front of you. There were various different dishes filled with your favorite food and a beautiful cake. There were candles and lights everywhere along with pillows. You gasp. "Draco? What's all this?" 

"Well, it's your birthday. I thought we'd do something special tonight." He said softly, smiling. Draco leaned in and kissed your forehead and smiled against your skin. "Do you like it?" 

"I love it Draco! This is more than I can ever ask for! Thank you!" You smile happily. Your family never really celebrated your birthday. It was always just a quick "Happy birthday." Nothing else. 

Draco took your hand in his and led you to sit down on the blanket. "Comfortable? Do you need anything?" He asks, wanting this to be absolutely perfect. 

"It's amazing Draco. I don't need anything but you." You say and lean against his side. 

The two of you sat there, chatting the night away. By now, all the food was gone except for the beautiful cake. Draco lit the candles on the cake and whispered, "Make a wish" 

You closed your eyes and thought for a second. I want to be with you for the rest of my life. Get married, have kids, watch our grandkids while we grow old.

You open your eyes and blow out the candles. "What'd you wish for?" Draco asked

"I can't tell you! If I do, it won't come true." You say. You didn't want to tell him. What if he wasn't ready for such a commitment yet?

He let out a soft chuckle before brushing the hair away from your face and pressing a kiss against your cheek. He scooted closer to you before cutting a large slice of the cake. He placed it on a plate and grabbed a fork before feeding you a little bit. You smile and take the plate out of his hands. You take a small fork-full and bring it up to Draco's lips. Only, he was being stubborn. "Dray, open up. Here comes the airplane!" You act like you are talking to a little baby and he finally opened up. 

He takes the plate back. "It's your birthday. I'm going to feed you." You argue with him that you can feed yourself, but he ends up winning. 

You look up at the stars, trying to find Draco's constellation, though you couldn't find it. Draco tries to feed you a bit of cake, but you weren't paying attention. You were still staring at the sky in wonder. Suddenly, you feel something cold and creamy on our cheek. 

You turn to look at Draco. He had smeared the frosting all over your cheek. "Oh it is on Malfoy!" You say, scraping off another handful of frosting off the cake and spread it on his nose and lips. 

You and Draco end up playing with the leftover food until you were both covered in frosting. (Frosting Holi if ya know what I mean)

You and Draco lay on the blanket, gazing up at the sky. "Draco? Which one is yours?" You ask.

Draco immediately understood what you were asking. He took your (frosting covered) hand in his and pulled it up, pointing at a star, then drawing a line to connect the stars around it. You smile at how sweet and gentle he's being. 

"That's Draco." He whispered. "And that one over there," He pointed at another one and traced it. "That one's Scorpius. That's what I want to name my son one day. I love that name. Scorpius." 

You smile even wider at that. "I like that name. Scorpius Malfoy. Has a nice ring to it." Draco smiled and turned his head to face me. 

"You know, when I think about my children, I think of you as their mother. The mother to my children. Y/N Malfoy. I like that." He says, smiling. I smile back and lean in, pecking his lips. "I love you." 

"I love you to Draco." I say before leaning in for another kiss. 

Sorry this one is kinda shitty. I'm working on getting out a request, but it'll take some time. Thank you guys so much for reading this book!