"You never spend time with me!"

lmao so a LOT of u guys liked this one from my prompt list sooo here u go!

After getting married

Y/N's POV:

I lay in bed, a book in hand, waiting for my husband once again. We had recently gotten married, but yet it feels like we don't even like each other even though we lived under the same roof. Draco was never home. He always left for work early in the morning and returned later at night. He'd tell me that he'd be home by 9, but I'd always be waiting for him two or three hours past that time. 

Every time I try to stay up to wait for him, desperate to spend some time with my husband, I'd fall asleep. My job as a healer was very draining, running around to treat patients, keeping up with all the other staff, it was all too much sometimes. 

Although, tonight I was determined to stay up for as long as I can to confront Draco. It was currently around 11:30 and I slowly felt my eyelids droop. Why was I always so tired? How does Draco stay up for so long? I stand up and walk around, hoping it would give me a bit more energy to stay awake. 

Thankfully, a few minutes later, the door handle rattled, signaling Draco was home. I stand in front of the door, my arms crossed, ready to face Draco. The door opened and Draco stepped in, then froze. "Where were you?" I question immediately. 

"I was at work. What are you doing up so late, love?" His eyebrows creased, but I was blinded by my anger to see his concern. 

"Do you have any idea how much it hurts that we live under the same roof and I barely see you? Do you know how much it hurts to wake up and see you are not there, or to fall asleep in this empty house because you're always at work? I am sick of it Draco!" He opened his mouth, but I didn't let him interrupt my little rant. "I just- why would you marry me if you didn't want to be around? Whatever happened to wanting to spend the rest of your life with me? Other couples, Ginny and Harry, Ron and Hermione, they spend time together, Draco! I'm so jealous of that. It doesn't matter if it's a fancy dinner date or just talking to each other in front of a warm fire. I just want to do things with you! Even if it's simply just relaxing on the couch with each other." My anger was slowly disappearing and being replaced by the sadness I had pushed away every night and morning spent without Draco. "You never spend time with me!" My voice cracked. "I just- I just want to be with you. Just the two of us like we used to do at Hogwarts, sitting in the Astronomy Tower at night, finding constellations." Tears were spilling down my face, which I hadn't noticed until now. I raise my hand to wipe them away as I sniffled. 

"I'm sorry." He started, but I didn't let him say more. 

"You're going to have to try harder than just sorry. I think the fact that you didn't even realize that you neglected me speaks for itself. I did just fine without you." My voice was oddly bitter with the answer I had gotten. I walk to our bedroom, leaving him standing there. 

Time for bed. I thought as I got under the covers since I had already brushed my teeth and done skincare beforehand. 

It was quite late, so my eyelids grew heavier and heavier in a couple minutes, though I knew there was no way I could fall asleep in a matter of minutes. I'd lay there for about a half-hour before I could fall asleep. 

About 15 minutes had passed and I was half asleep when the other side of the bed dipped slightly and a warm body lay against mine, pulling me into them. Their arm wrapped around me, moving under my t-shirt as their hand rested on my stomach, pulling me closer, allowing my body to melt into theirs. I knew that it was Draco and even though I was mad at him, I didn't bother protesting at the moment. I'm too tired to do so. 

"Hey, I know you're asleep, but I just want to say I love you. I'm sorry for not spending time with you. I'm taking the day off tomorrow. I'm all yours. I'll try to be home earlier now too. You were right. I'm your husband. I should spend more time with you." He pressed a kiss to my hair and whispered another "I love you" before snuggling his face into my neck and falling asleep. I thought I imagined it, but since I was half asleep, I couldn't tell the difference between what actually happened and what was a dream. 

That's why when I woke up, I was surprised to be wrapped up in someone's arms. My eyes flutter and squint due to the amount of bright light seeping through the window. I stretch and was about to get up, but something held me back. The iron grip of my husband. I turn to face him and I see he was already awake, gazing at me, his eyes full of admiration. "G' morning my love." He murmured, placing a kiss to my forehead. My god it's been a while since I've heard his morning voice.

"Hmmm Draco. Don't you have work?" My voice showing obvious signs of exhaustion. 

"Not today. I took the day off." With that comment, my eyes widen and I was fully awake. 

"What? Why?" 

"Oh don't you remember, darling? You gave me quite the earful yesterday." He chuckled. "Besides, you were right. I should spend more time with you."

I wince, remembering all that I had said to him yesterday. Even though I knew I was right, it made me feel bad. "You- you're skipping work for me?" 

"Oh it was quite stressful and I needed a break anyway." He murmured softly, letting me know it was okay. 

"But that's your fault! You always overwork yourself." Draco leaned in to kiss me. As our lips collided, I was reminded of how I missed him whenever he was at work. 

"I know, I know. I won't anymore. My priorities have changed. You are more important, Y/N. My family  is always going to be more important. I really want a family, love. If- if you are ready to start one." Draco's eyes had a soft glimmer of hope. I smile and nod, which causes Draco to grin happily and kiss me. "Would you like to arrange that now?" He teased softly. I laugh. 

Well...you guys can imagine the rest :)