Drowning

A few months of having a sugar daddy turned into a year, a complete full year gone to drugs and abuse.. Reliving the same day over and over again, the constant struggle of being stuck in her own mind until one day she met Katherine at a bar late at night. They hit it off so well that Katherine asked her to come over. Once at the house they did the nasty and piper just never left, she stayed the weekend then Katherine convinced her to apply to a job right down where she lives and save up to get a car and her license, it sounded like a great plan at first. Piper worked on herself and turned her addiction into loving Katherine which honestly wasn't easy at first, the withdraws and the night sweats were the worst but piper pushed through it, she got the job working at a lumber mill and pushed for the goals that were set. Katherine went back to school for criminal justice and they both lived the simple life, Katherine eventually got a job working with juvenile boys. Then it was like time flew by, a year past and one day while at work piper was walking to her car to go on lunch break gets asked by a coworker "Do you wanna go for a ride?" Already three coworkers in the car, She jumps in and gets passed a joint "light it up girl" piper in a shocked state hands it back "I've been sober a year, I'm good" he takes it back and says "Suit yourself" and lights it up, coughing and passing while she's just staring out the window, they pull up to one of the guys house "You coming in?" Getting out of the car and seeing nothing but old run down cars growing trees and flowers from where the motor should be and the grass as tall as her knees, piper walks in to find pills and coke laying out on a glass plate on the counter, like they do this every day on break and had it waiting for them. Piper now nervously pacing in her mind 'should i do it' 'I really shouldn't do it' 'just say no' then she gets handed the cut up straw and feels that plastic between her fingertips, rolling it back and forth in her hand as she's walking towards the plate, piper puts the straw in her nose holding the other side and snorts up a fat line of a perk and one line of coke, right back to back "wait what did you just do" As the guys start freaking out that you can't mix them and its speedbailing, she turns and tells them "Just chill, I'm fine but i do wanna buy some of that" they pack everything up and she puts her goodies in her bra while walking out the door to the car 'what did i just do' 'WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST DO' is screaming in her head, making it back to work just in time. Piper standing at her station outside high as a kite, just feeling the breeze from the wind hit her skin as she closes her eyes and feels the warmth of the sun, her mind goes blank, like completely numb to everything around her, No thoughts, No racing mind just completely accepting the fact that she loving this. She finishes  her shift then walks home to an empty house, she instantly opens up the bag and mixes the two again to a big line on the dresser, it was gone within seconds. Piper walks outside to smoke a cigarette and lays in the grass just taken everything in. Running her hand through the freshly cut grass, inhaling the smoke into her lungs while her eyes are glued on the sky, watching every cloud move in a slow motion then exhaling the smoke and finally feeling peace, finally feeling calm like this is the life kinda feeling. She laid there until Katherine got home and played it off like she didn't just do a half bag of pills and coke. Months went on where piper couldn't do anything without getting high and no one knew, going to a birthday party she would sneak to the bathroom for a line and going to dinner would be the same thing. Piper never thought she had a problem, not once did she ever think that maybe this is wrong, she was just in a constant state of I need it and I need more. One evening after work, Katherine pulled her aside to the back bedroom and said "Baby we need to talk" Oh shit she knows I've been getting high is the only thought in her mind...piper says in a hesitant voice "okay what do you wanna talk about" "I'm three month pregnant,  I've missed my period and it's been confirmed by the doctor"  "You're What??" Piper in shock, walks outside to catch her breathe and pounder on what she just heard, obviously she doesn't have the type of equipment to knock her up. She finally walks back inside and asks how it happened, Katherine begins to tell her "Artificial insemination, a friend gave me sperm and I used a turkey baster in the bathroom" pipers eyes all big says "Bullshit, I bet" in a smartass way. Piper walks to the bedroom and locks the door, does a line on the dresser and sits on the edge of the bed just mumbling over and over again "what the fuck" she gathers some belongings, walks out to the living room and tells Katherine "Take me to my dad's" once in the car Katherine is crying saying "I'm sorry" while piper looks out the window in such a daze, not saying a word. At the bottom of her dad's driveway piper says "let me out here" Katherine still sobbing, piper gets out of the car saying "Thanks for cheating on me, hope it was worth it" and slams the door. Piper starts to walk up the drive way, not looking back once, not crying,  not sad or angry, just looking at the ground as she walks, staring at her feet move one in front of the other and she just split, turned everything off just like a light switch. It happened so quickly, that she herself didn't even notice. She blinked it seemed like and was on the couch watching tv, piper spaced out so bad that she didn't realize she walked up the hill, went inside, talked to her father and sat down to watch TV, completely out of it like a zombie without a brain. Day turned to night and she went to bed but not before doing a few lines in the bathroom just in the hope that she wouldn't wake up in the morning...