chapter 5

After a restless night you woke up you think u have about 30 minutes sleep. Newt offered to make sure nobody walked in on you why you showered. you were grateful for this because since you haven't had a shower in 3 days you didn't exactly smell the best. after quickly showering in the ice cold water you walk to the kitchen. Frypan clearly holding a grudge against what happened yesterday you could tell by the snarl he was giving you from the other side of the kitchen . you sat down at a table thinking about your dreams surely the words had to mean something. you can't remember the actual dreams just one word float and catch. you knew they meant something you just hadn't figured that out yet

"penny for your thought there " you look up to see minho 

"ohh please my thoughts are worth more than a penny" 

minho chuckles slightly " probably  buy you  look confused whats up"

"since i've got here i've had nightmares i can't remember them i just remember two words the first night's word was float and last night catch. i feel like my subconscious is trying to tell me something but i can't put my finger on it. And the worst thing is that i think my hammock is trying to kill me" 

"do you need someone to try a exorcism on your hammock"

you laugh and roll your eyes at minho what did you expect him to say.

after you finish you eating you say bye to minho and walk to the blood house you knew you wouldnt work here but apparently rules are rules. you knew you were going to work with Clint and Jeff as a medjack but that was purposely last on the list of jobs for you to try. almost as if everybody wanted to watch you miserably fail at each job people clearly found amusement out of the kitchen incident yesterday . you feed the livestock as your told to do by winston he seemed quite friendly and welcoming you where glad he didn't make you slaughter anything almost as if he knew your stomach couldn't handle it . you silently thank him for this you didnt want to make a fool out of yourself again. as you walk over to winston you realise you left the animal pen open you turn around to see half the animals running out the slaughterhouse into the glade. 

"umm winston"

he turns around and sees the unfolding carnage "ohh shuck"

you two run around like headless chickens getting the  animals still in the slaughterhouse back into the pens you see alby walking over with steam coming out of his ears followed by Newt and a few overs. Alby practically screams at you at the top of his lungs you didn't know wether to laugh or cry or do both. Alby sent everybody in the glade to get the animals back in the pens. 

"AND YOU" he looked at you furiously

 "YOU ARE NOT GOING INTO THE HOMESTEAD UNTIL EVERY LAST ANIMAL IS BACK IN HERE" 

"ugh fine" 

you sigh as you run around trying to herd up animals after a while the was only one goat left that was stuck up a tree no matter what you tried it wouldn't come down 

gally was the first  to come over and you try help you get the goat down  followed by a few of the runners. minho ran over and placed some goats cheese on the ground this futile attempt made you laugh what went though that person's head you though. you then sent someone to get goats food feeling inspired by minho's idea.  after what felt like a lifetime your idea worked and the goat was down from the tree.  you walk the goat back to the slaughterhouse and pop it back in the pen. you chat with winston for a while apologizing again and again. before walking to the kitchen. 

you sat down at a table with Newt and minho it was clear everybody wanted to see what you would mess up next which  quite offended you that people thought that you couldn't do anything right. they weren't wrong but that wasn't the point. All thought dinner Newt went on about how all the animals had trampled  half of the crops in the field. you felt really bad you started to wonder why the creators sent you up was it because you were useless. 

you get annoyed at everybody making snide comments that they knew you could clearly hear you got up and left to wonder around the glade trying to clear your head as your walking through the deadheads you feel a wave of dizziness come over you feel someone catch you just as your legs give in you look up to see gally he holds you up until you get past the dizziness he then helps you walk over to the med jacks you knew they wouldn't do much since they clearly had limited medical knowledge. However gally insisted you go once they checked you over and let you go  you walk over to the homestead with gally

you stand on your tip toes and kiss gally on the cheek "thank you" you whisper into his ear before walking up to newts room you hoped a hut would be built for you soon you hated imposing on newt  last night you tried to get him to let you sleep outside but he wouldn't let you as you would wake half the glade up you sighed knowing he was probably right. this time you gave up on the hope of the hammock and  slept on the floor luckily  that night you didn't have a nightmare. who knows maybe the hammock was possessed after all.