ᴏɴᴇ

╔═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╗
ᴏɴᴇ.
ɪɴᴛʀᴜᴅᴇʀꜱ.
'ᴛᴇʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅꜱ.'
╚═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╝

Another day, another performance

Another day, another performance. The first day back at high school, and I decided to wear one of my favourite outfits, a plaid yellow skirt with a clean, creaseless blouse with puffy short sleeves.

On my head, on top of my dark hair is a very distinctly placed beret which I have in many variations of colours, today I chose yellow. To top the look off, I matched black wedged heels over my white thigh-high socks.

Flynn and I spot Julie at her locker, wearing her red baseball cap as usual. We both approach her, and talk about the 'elephant in the room' as some will say. We make casual conversation with her like always.

"Hey, underachiever." Flynn greets her.

"Hey, disappointment." Julie returns with a smile. "And runaway."

"Hey, Jules." I smile at her and nudge Flynn in the rib, indicating for her to get to the point.

"OK, I know you don't want us to ask, but have you figured out what you're gonna do today?" She asked. Today, Julie was supposed to be performing in music, but she hadn't played a single note in almost a year. The last time she sung was with her mom, before she died.

"I'll know in the moment." She told herself, trying her best to believe it.

"Really, Jules?" Flynn scoffs, folding her arms as she leant against the locker. "That's all you're giving us?"

"You know, Mrs. Harrison said this is your last chance." I remind her.

"I know." She nodded. "I was there." Just then, Carrie walked around the halls, giving out flyers to random people who she could reach.

"Ugh! What is she handing out?" Flynn says disgustedly.

"Desperation?" Julie offered, which made me laugh a little bit, I hide my laughter as I turn around to the locker.

"Here you go. My group's performing at the spirit rally tomorrow." Carrie hands each of us a very pink piece of paper titled 'Dirty Candy' which is the name of her band. "I'm sure you guys have nothing better to do."

"Oh my gosh, Carrie. Thanks!" Flynn smiles, her tone as sarcastic as ever.

"Yeah, I'll come to your Chav-Fest tonight." I added in.

"Oh my gosh, Flynn. Don't bother coming!" Carrie shoots back. "And to be honest, Olivia, have you seen yourself? Seriously." Carrie pivots on her heels and skips away happily, putting on a front as usual.

"Well, that was just excellent." I grin at the two. "Really good, don't you think?"

"Definitely." Julie nods with a smile.