ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ꜰᴏᴜʀ

╔═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╗
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ꜰᴏᴜʀ
ʟᴏᴠᴀʙʟᴇ
'ɪ'ᴍ ᴛʀᴀᴘᴘᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴄᴀʟᴇʙ'ꜱ
ɢʀᴀꜱᴘ ꜰᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ.'
╚═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╝

After the gig, once all our guests had cleared out, I tell Ray that I'm going to take Daniela back home before pulling my jacket on and heading out the door

"Hey, so I know we've only re-met last week, but I enjoyed seeing you again." Daniela turns to me as we walk hand in hand.

"I enjoyed having you here." I smile. "I'm glad you liked it."

"And I get that its none of my business, but why'd you ignore the other bassist out there?" She asks. "I saw in the garage how much you two like each other. And when you were telling me about the guys, you seemed totally connected with him. Why push your feelings away on stage?"

"Listen, Dani, in your young, naïve mind, it might seem like I'm ignoring my feelings, but in reality, I'm protecting them. If I keep leading Reggie on as if we'll be able to do the stuff couples do- alive couples – it won't be fair on him."

"But you will be able to! You just need to make the bond you have with the other two." She says enthusiastically. "And the best way to do that is by performing with each other. Use your onstage chemistry to your advantage. Luke obviously as chemistry with everyone, but you and Reggie are different. You two just click on stage. It's crazy!"

"I know, and that's one of the reasons I'm ignoring him, Dani." I sigh. "If we keep performing like that, close together and out lips almost touching, you'd be able to see that he isn't a hologram. Even more so when we do make that special connection. I just... I need to do this. It's better for both of us."

Daniela obviously can't take no for an answer, "You might think that way, but it's not like that! Sometimes you're too pessimistic.

I chuckle softly as I roll my eyes, "Hermana, honestly boys aren't worth it."

"But he's not a boy, he's a ghost!" She presses on. "If you and Reggie have that connection, and you're able to feel him, it'll be heart breaking to see you two not at least kiss once. Its inevitability. Bound to happen."

"And if it does-"

"When."

"If it does, then I'll let you know, but right now, I'm listening to Flynn and keeping my distance." I say firmly as I look up at the house in front of us. "And look at that, you're home."

"Thanks, 'Livie." She grins as she pulls my hand towards the door. "I'm sure you're so thirsty after that long trek all the way here."

I laugh and shake my head, "Dani, it was five minutes. I'm fine. Just go in and get to bed."

"I don't have a bedtime anymore Hermana." She scoffs. "Well, if you're sure you don't want to come in, I'll leave you to it and get going."

"Night, Daniela." I hug her shoulders tightly.