ꜱɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ

╔═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╗

ꜱɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴍᴇᴅɪᴜᴍ

'ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɪꜱꜱᴀɴᴅ ʟᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴋɴᴏᴡ.'

╚═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╝

I look around my surroundings, and notice that I'm in a dark, black room with purple walls and the only light source is a vintage stand-up lamp. I notice a figure in front of me, a tall man with a long purple coat and a black top hat, Caleb. I guess this must be one of his side rooms in the club.

"Why, you're awake." He grins as he sits beside me on the long couch. I try to get up, but I feel something wrapping my hands together behind my back. Caleb notices me struggle against them, and waves his hand in front of my face, releasing my hands. "No need for those, they were just to keep you still for a while."

"Why am I here?" I ask him, looking around the room. I can hear the noise of the club above me, assuring me I'm in Hollywood still. There's a set of stairs behind me, which supposedly lead up to the club, which could be a potential escape route for me. "Why did you bring me?"

"Oh, yes. You see," he chuckles, "you, my dear, are a threat to me and my plan."

"A threat?" I ask, how could a famous, powerful magic ghost like Caleb be worried about a simple lifer?

"Yes. In fact, you could stop my plan completely if you tried hard enough." He smiles sweetly, as one of the waiters comes down the stairs and brings a bowl of candy coloured in all sorts of bright pigments. "Toffee?"

"Um, no." I shake my head, not wanting to take any chances. "Thank you, though."

"No, I insist." He pushes the bowl closer to me as the man leaves. "On the house." I hesitate before choosing a red candy and unwrapping it. Once in my mouth, the flavour explodes in my taste buds, strawberry and chocolate tastes buzz around my mouth before I swallow the candy, leaving the subtle aftertaste of toffee lingering. "Good? Good. Oh and here."

He holds his hand out to me, and grasps my wrist firmly. I feel a burning sensation through my arm and as he removes his hand, I see the club logo imprinted on my wrist in purple.

"What was that?" I ask.

"You left before I could give you my club stamp last night." He says.

"How am I a threat to you?" I ask him, sitting down to show my interest in the matter at hand. "And what plan?"

"Let me break it down to you, Olivia." He lifts one leg over the other and places his hands on his knee. "I need those boys of yours in my house band, and that can't happen with you around. You can see them. You can touch one of them. And soon, you'll start feeling the others, too."

"You understand this madness?" I ask desperately. "Please explain it. I'm just so... so confused, you know?"

"Oh trust me, I know." Caleb chuckles before going on. "You, my dear, is what we call a medium."

"A medium?" I echo his words. "Wha-"

"You've got a gift. You can contact ghosts, and the ones you form a special connection with, you can feel." He explains. "Like Alex. You and Alex have a bond, an unbreakable bond. Which grants you the power to feel him, both physically and emotionally."

"So all of this is happening to me because I like Alex?" I laugh. "Weird."

"It is strange, isn't it?" He looks me up and down. "Which brings me to the subject of your love life. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe I interrupted a special, special moment with that boy. No?"