ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ꜱɪx

╔═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╗
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ꜱɪx
ᴛᴇʟʟɪɴɢ ᴊᴜʟɪᴇ
'ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏʏꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ᴀ
ᴘʀɪᴏʀɪᴛʏ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ.'
╚═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╝

As soon as Julie gets home from school, she grabs my hand and immediately pulls me up to her room

"Jesus, if you wanted to talk, you could've called me. No need for kidnapping." I exclaim.

"I found that song again." She says quickly. "You know the one about Luke's mom?"

"And what are you wanting to do with it? Sing it for him?" I ask, sitting down on her bed.

"No, even better." She grins. "We're going to show her."

"What! No, Julie I know he went through your dream box, but this is another level of invasion of privacy!" I tell her. "How do you even know he wants her to see it?"

"It's worth a try!" She says. "And you're coming with me."

"I am not!" I refuse. "I don't want to be involved in your scandalous behaviour!"

"Tough luck." She says, pulling her shoes on. "You're ready, come on." She pulls me down the stairs, and told Ray that we're going to a friend's house for an hour or so.

By the time we get to the small house, I've decided that this might be what Luke wants to show his mom. Yes, I still don't want to be involved, but Julie said that she'll take the fall if Luke hates it. We walk up to the porch and see a familiar face walking up and down to the door.

"Luke!" I exclaim, and jog closer to him.

"What are you doing here?" He looks between the two of us.

"OK, look. I... I just wanted to know more about you, you know, just curious. Um... So, we came here last week on your birthday." Julie explains, wording it as best as she can.

"You were spying on me?" He scoffs. "Even after all your speeches about boundaries? You were spying on me?"

"I know." I nod. "I'm sorry. It was wrong. But we're worried about you."

"You don't have to be." He says, leaning against the railing.

"I get it." Julie steps forwards. "I know how hard it is when you want to speak to someone you love and can't. I feel that way every day."

He sighs as he looks down at us, "I don't even know what I'd say to her, even if she could hear me."

"Yes, you do." Julie nods in an attempt to encourage him, "You've already said it. Trust me." He nods to himself and rings the doorbell hesitantly. He moves away and begins pacing again. I grab his hand and send him a reassuring smile.

"It's okay." I assure him, rubbing the back of his hand with my thumb. "We're here." The door opens, and I pull away from Luke to stand with Julie. A man answers the door, one I recognise to be Luke's father.