ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

╔═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╗
ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ
ʙᴀɪʟᴇᴅ
'ɪ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴜᴘ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ꜱᴛᴀɢᴇ
ꜱɪɴɢɪɴɢ ᴀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ꜱᴏɴɢ
ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ.'
╚═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╝

9:15pm

"Is everybody fired up for Julie and the Phantoms?" Flynn says over the speakers when I enter the gym. The students cheer in sync and I make my way to the stage. "Great! Keep that fire 'cause that's later. We're a bit behind schedule, but don't worry, just enjoy these mind-blowing beats." She presses a few buttons, and the dance music continues.

"Seriously? Julie and the Phantoms?" I chuckle as I step backstage with Julie.

"I had some free time in French class." Flynn shrugs. "And you'd better like it because I registered it on Insta, Snapchat, Twitter an-"

"No, I love it." Julie says.

"But I'd love it even more if the actual Phantoms were here." She sighs. I wish I could tell her where they were, but they made me promise not to. They didn't want to worry her, but said they would be at the dance on time. "Where were you?"

"Oh uh... the guys accidentally poofed me too." I tell her. "When they were going to see Alex's friend who he totally has a crush on."

"Nick!" Flynn exclaims, making his presence known before turning back to her DJ deck.

"Look, 'Liv, it's Nick." Julie says to me.

"Yeah, I noticed." I chuckle.

"Thanks for the introduction." Nick grins.

"So you made it." I say. "Thanks."

"Wouldn't miss it." He says. "The truth is I can't wait to see you guys play again. Your song has been stuck in my head for weeks."

"Well, someone should let it out." Julie jokes awkwardly, and nudges me so I begin laughing loudly, embarrassing myself.

"I don't know what that meant, either." Nick shakes his head.

"I like your shoes." He gestures to the white converse with DIY drawings on them.

"Thanks. I just like to doodle on them sometimes." Julie grins proudly, happy that somebody finally appreciates her designs. Carrie walks in, her nose in the air as usual, looking down on us.

"I can't tell if the crowd is getting restless or bored." She tuts at me and Julie. "Never a good sign. Oh, hi, Julie. Got a new bag?" I look down, and notice the machine in Julie's hand. Its rather bulky, with a handle for easy transportation.

"Actually, it's Olivia's hologram projector. Just did a little upgrade." She says, handing it to me.

"Oh, so simple." Carrie observes the machine. "You know, I was expecting something a little more... sophisticated."

"It's what's on the inside that counts." Julie says.

"It's not just about looks, Carrie." I scoff at her, placing the box near the plug.

"Yeah, that's what a lot of people have to tell themselves." She snickers. "Come on, Nick." Nick takes a last look at the two of us, and sighs before following his girlfriend.

11pm

"I can only stall for so long." Flynn meets us backstage after no sign of the boys. "It's eleven o'clock."

"I think you should just play by yourself." I suggest, not wanting her to get worked up over the boys. Yes, she knew where they were. But she couldn't say anything she swore to secrecy.