ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

╔═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╗
ᴇɪɢʜᴛ.
ꜰʟʏɪɴɢ ꜱᴏʟᴏ.
'ᴀʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴏ ɪꜱ ʟᴀʏ
ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏᴜᴄʜ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴏᴏᴋ
ᴀᴅᴏʀᴀʙʟᴇ.'
╚═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╝

I nod silently to myself, and Luke comes back in with his notebook, where he's copied down the new lyrics of Flynn's song

I nod silently to myself, and Luke comes back in with his notebook, where he's copied down the new lyrics of Flynn's song. He hands Reggie and I a copy each as we stand around the piano to talk about the song and riffs we need to add to perfect the song. Luke starts to sing the words along with the silent strums of his guitar.

"Guess that means I'm buying lunch that day." He begins. "I know all your secrets You know all my deep dish. Guess that means that some things-"

"Wait, so..." Reggie starts off, and Luke and I share an eyeroll added with a sigh. We both know whenever Reggie says that, there's always going to be a stupid question afterwards. "When she says, 'deep dish' is she talking about, like, pizza, or..." Just as I'm about to explain the term the girl had written, Alex poofs into the studio and we all rush over to him.

"Oh! Oh, hey, man. Where you been?" Luke greets him.

"Yeah, we were, well at least I was, worried about you!" I tell him. "Where did you go?"

"Yeah you kinda missed important stuff." Reggie says.

"What, like deep pan pizza?" I scoff. "Anyway, tell us everything."

"Yeah. No, I met a new ghost friend." He says as a soft smile grows on his lips.

"For real?" Reggie says, suddenly intrigued in his story.

"Yeah, he answered a ton of questions." Alex nods.

"Yeah? Like whether Julie was gonna join the band or not?" Luke snaps, turning his head around swiftly.

"Um... Well, we didn't... We didn't really get to that," Alex answers quietly, much to Luke's disappointment, "but I think I know why we're here. OK? All ghosts have, like, unfinished business. So, we need to do our unfinished business so that we can cross over."

"Why would we do that?" Luke asks, and the three of us frown at his statement. "I'm just saying, this is like our second chance. All we need to do is get Julie to play with us."

"Yeah." Reggie agrees. "Not only can that girl sing, she can write too. Luke and I made a killer melody to one of her lyrics."

"Oh... Without your drummer. Cool." Alex nods slightly defeated on the inside.

"Drumming is so '90s. OK? We're just gonna stomp our feet now." Luke demonstrates, winding the blonde boy up in the process.

"OK." Alex takes in a shaky breath. "Well, you know what else is so '90s? Being rude. All right? Get woke. These are sensitive times. Learned that from my ghost friend." He leans over to Reggie.