Chapter 2

I make it to the edge of the forest and find a tree to leave my clothes at while I run.

I look around and make sure know one is watching before I strip down and start to shift.

I can feel my bones starting to break and re-form. It hurts a little but as the years go by, I find it easier to bite back the pain.

When I first shifted, I genuinely thought I was going to die. The pain was indescribable. I fought back the tears but screamed like a banchee.

Now, however, I can shift without feeling much pain at all. It's just uncomfortable more than anything but it's feels natural and right.

As soon as I completely shift into my wolf, I take off. I run as fast as I can while dodging trees and jumping over fallen branches.

I missed this. I missed the wild feeling you get when you run free. I missed the feeling of letting go and letting all of my troubles escape my mind for little while. It's refreshing and above all, it's fun.

I've been running for about two hours when I decide to stop at a creek for some water. It's then that I see something from the corner of my eye that catches my attention.

Another wolf.

But not just any wolf.

An Alpha.

You can easily tell the difference between a normal wolf and an Alpha wolf. Alpha wolves are a lot bigger than your regular wolf. They have bigger canines and claws. They have this fire in their eyes that normal wolves just don't seem to have. They have this intimidating nature about them that warns others off.

I try and carefully make my way back to the trees but I fail epically when I step on branch and it makes a loud snapping noise.

The Alpha's head snaps up in my direction and I curse under my breath.

He's caught me.

He steps closer to me and growls.

Well shit.

The closer he gets the better I can see his gorgeous eyes. They are a glowing light blue color that stands out against his midnight black fur.

He is undeniably gorgeous unlike myself.

Sure I have pretty brown eyes that reflect more green when I shift, but they are nothing compared to his.

He suddenly stops walking and instead of growling at me he purrs.

What the hell?

He begins to shift back into his human form and when I see who he actually is, I'm shocked but also pissed.

Mason Riddle.

You have got to be kidding me.

Mason and I have a long history the dates all the way back to kindergarten. The jerk would always single me out of everybody else in our class and constantly pick on me. He made my elementary and middle school years a living hell. He would do absolutely anything to get a rise out of me.

He is such a pain in the ass, but I can't deny he is one hot pain in the ass.

He has gorgeous brown hair and I hate to admit it but he also has a to-die-for six pack.

Putting all that to the side for a second, what the actual hell is he doing out here in the middle of the woods purring at me like a flipping cat?

"Hey there stranger." He says with a smug grin that I would love to smack off his pretty boy face.

"Screw off Mason." I say after I shift back into my human form.

"Well that's no way to greet a friend, now is it?" Damn him and that hot yet annoying voice.

"You are not a friend of mine." I bluntly say.

"Well that's no way to talk to an Alpha is it? How would your daddy feel if he found out you were out here in the woods disrespecting your superior?" He says and my body tenses up.

Sadly, he's right. He is technically my superior since he became Alpha but that doesn't give him a reason to harass me like this. Plus my father is an Alpha too and would want me to put this ass in his place.

"My father is an Alpha too in case you forgot." I don't like throwing my dad's title around, but for this jerk, I can make the exception.

"I remember babe. I just don't care."

I don't have a comeback for that other than telling him to bite me, which I know he will counter with some sexual retort, so I keep my mouth closed.

"I also don't think he would like you being out here naked in the woods with me." And there's that smug grin again I would give anything to slap off his face.

Wait.

What did he say?

I look down and realize I shifted without thinking. I left my clothes at the tree across the forest.

But I'm not the only one. Mason doesn't have clothes on either. The difference being he is super proud of himself and how much he works out even though he doesn't need to. I hate to say it but he does have a LOT to be proud of.

I quickly shift back into my wolf form and head towards the tree with my clothes.

I almost expected for him to run after me but when he doesn't I'm kind of disappointed.

I can't think straight around him. He messes with my mind.

Tomorrow is Monday though and we have school so I'll have to hear about our little encounter again. If he has one decent bone in his body then he won't mention it to anyone, but knowing him the whole damn school will know before second period.

I hate my life.

But more than that, I hate Mason Riddle.

------

Author's note:

What did y'all think? To short? I can't really tell if it is or not so let me know.

Anyways, what did y'all think of Mason? ;)

He has a dark past that will be explored in the next few chapters.

I'm excited!!!

I will post a cast list soon. It didn't take long to figure out who I wanted to play Paisley and Mason. ;)

I will be posting soon so don't freak. Lol!

Love y'all so much!!!!

Comment suggestions on anything. Cast, names, ideas, problems, etc.

Thanks for reading!