Chapter 8

Author's note:

You are all so amazing!

I love every single one of you and I wanted to tell you how much I appreciate you!

Ok, enough of the lovey dovey stuff. Lets move on to Mason getting his ass kicked!

Lol jk...maybe....

Here ya go.

-------

The whole way home my anxiety kept conjuring up scenarios of how bad telling my father the truth would go.

Although somewhat different, each one ended with Mason and my father fighting to the death.

That's a little dramatic though, right?

As soon as we get back home I run Jamie a bath to get warm. His little body was shivering the whole trip back and I couldn't tell if it was because he was cold or still scared after being kidnapped. Probably both.

After his bath I him off, throw on his pajamas, and put him to bed.

He tries to make conversation with me but I cut him off and tell him he needs to go to sleep.

He needs the rest and I also don't want him to be awake for the argument that's bound to occur here soon.

I kiss his forehead and tell him I love him before turning off his lights, closing his door, and making my way downstairs where my father as Mason are waiting.

I make eye contact with Mason as soon as I walk in the room but I can't decipher the look in his eyes. It's unreadable which scares me.

No one makes a move to say anything which I can tell pisses my dad off.

"Ok so someone needs to talk. Now!" He demands.

Again, we all remain silent which was a mistake.

My dad, being the most least patient person I know, smashes his hand through our coffee table and asks again.

Well someone's a bit of a drama queen tonight.

"Paisley is my mate." Mason says possessively.

"WHAT?" My dad screams.

"We think we are. We aren't for sure yet." I clarify.

"No. I'm positive we are."

I give Mason a look that says to shut the hell up but he brushes it off.

Instead of replying, my dad just stands there with a blank look on his face.

"Look, I know we haven't always got along...", Mason begins to say, "but you're my mate and now that I've found you I won't be without you."

Well damn. Did anyone else's heart just skip a beat?

I don't want to admit it to myself, but now that I know we're mates I don't want to be without him either.

Him or those big muscles or...

My wolf starts to say.

Woah, down girl!

"Daddy please say something." I beg him after a few minutes. I can't handle his silence any longer.

"I don't know what to say other then hell no and I'm sorry."

What?

Why is he apologizing?

"What do you mean hell no? She is my mate and will live with me and become my Luna." Mason growls.

"First of all, my daughter deserves better than some arrogant jackass who sleeps with everything that moves and second of all, I already have a match for her." My dad states calmly.

"What the hell?!?" Mason and I say at the same time.

"Who?" I ask.

"Max Tanglewood."

"What??? That sick bastard! He is disgusting and perverted and there is no way in hell that that's happening!" I yell in anger.

Max Tanglewood is some lowlife, pervert who just happens to be the son of an Alpha my dad is allies with.

"Hell no! Not happening! She is mine!" Mason yells.

"She is my daughter!" My dad yells back. The fact that they're both speaking about me as if I'm not even here only contributes to my anger and has me seeing red.

"I can speak for myself!" I yell and the room grows quiet but the tension remains thick.

"I will not mate with Max. I don't know why you felt the need to 'pick someone out for me' when you knew I had a mate out there but it doesn't matter because it isn't happening. End of discussion." I firmly state.

"You will do as you're told." My father demands.

I can't believe this shit! Who is this man standing before me because it certainly cannot be my father; the man who raised me.

We all stand there glaring at each other in a bitter silence until there is a knock at the door and it opens.

"I guess she didn't take the news as well as we hoped?" Max asks with a grin.

Ah hell.

You've got to be kidding me!

------

Author's note:

Hoped y'all liked it!

I think it was rather a Romeo and Juliet moment, don't ya think?

Anyways comment and vote please!

Love every single one of you!!!

Goodnight!