Chapter 18

Author's note:

Hey y'all!!!! I have a question.

If you don't already know my Instagram and twitter (no, I don't do Facebook) then I might consider posting them.

I'm not so sure I should but can you blame me? I would hope not. So just comment and tell me if I should.

I dedicate this chapter to @baby_blue_15 Thanks so much for the votes. You freaking rock and love you!!!

Anyways, random question time!!!

What is your favorite color?

Stupid but I'm kinda interested to know.

In the next couple author's notes I will be posting hints to my sequel that I will be writing as soon as I finish this book. I'm super excited you guys!!!

I love you all!!!!

Thanks!

Happy reading!!!

Unedited.

--------

I open my eyes and the first thing I see is a blinding light.

What the hell?

The light is too much so I instantly close my eyes back. Where I am? The last thing I remember is comforting Mason and yelling at Max and my father.

I try to reopen my eyes with no such luck.

Ughhhhhh!!!!

Wait! Is that Mason?

I turn my head to the side where I can hear muffled voices yelling at each other.

"That is my mate so let me in or I'll snap your damn neck!" Mason threatens someone.

"I'm sorry Alpha but she isn't awake yet and the more stress put on her the slower her recovery will be." An older male says.

"I'm her mate! I won't put stress on her, I will help her!" Mason screams back.

My eyes begin to flutter up and finally adapt to the lighting.

I look over to my left to see a sink and a small stool. To my right are three other beds, similar to the one I just found out I was in.

I look down to my arm to see I'm hooked up to all these wires the lead back to the heart monitor.

I need Mason! I'm scared and I need to know what happened.

"Ma-Mason." I groan out softly.

My voice is so harsh. How long have I been out.

All the sudden the door bursts open and in runs a concerned and pissed off Mason.

"Paisley baby. You're awake! Thank goodness! I thought I lost you." He chokes out while pulling me into his strong arms.

"Mason what happened?" I whisper seeming as my voice is still harsh.

"You were shot with a tranquilizing dart and instantly blacked out. You've been out like this for three days! Words can't describe how I felt when I thought you were- gone." His voice cracks at the end and I can tell he is on the verge of tears.

I pull him into my lap and cradle his head against my chest.

"Mason it's ok. I'm still here and it's not your fault. I will never leave you. I love you Mason!" I whisper happily.

"I love you too Paisley with all my heart!" He says lovingly and kisses the tip of my nose.

He lays beside of me on the bed and pulls me into his arms. He kisses the back of my head and a thought comes to mind.