18.

About to switch it up...

MICHELLE POV

With so much thinking... I decided to not even confront Tatum. I had to be the bigger person. Whitney talked me down especially having stress. But I made the decision on moving alone. I needed to get out of this town. It wasn't healthy to live here. Who knows what could happen to me or her.

I just wanted to go as far as I could. Tatum wouldn't miss us anyway.

"Are you sure you're okay to do this?" Whitney asked.

I nodded "if I don't go... it won't get any better".

She hugged me "keep in touch".

Packing up the car I looked at her one last time before leaving. It was just me and her. I'm doing this for her. I want her to have a good life.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Five years later....

"Ava wake up!" I nudged her. She made a little noise but eventually woke up. She sat up still sleeping "come on... you have school".

"I want to sleep" she whined.

"That's what happens when you want to hang with mommy instead of sleeping" I said. She slid off the bed and skipped to the bathroom. She'll come to the kitchen when she's done. I packed up her lunch and put her breakfast on the table.

Ava looked like a carbon copy of Tatum. It was weird. Now she may have his face... but she's all me otherwise.

"Eat up" I said.

She was still tired. Poor thing.

Whitney was suppose to meet me at my job. I ended up graduating from college. That was my biggest success other than having Ava. But I haven't seen Whitney in the last two years.

After dropping Ava at school I made my way to
meet Whitney. She was standing there smiling when I pulled up. Jumping out the car I hugged her.

"I missed you!" She said.

"Me too!" I said.

Whitney never left that place. She remained there. Why? I don't know.

"You look good" she said.

"You know black don't crack" I joked

Whitney just stared at me for a minute "where's my niece?!".

"Ava is at school" I said.

She pouted "damn... oh you know Tatum has been harassing me about your whereabouts".

Rolling my eyes "now he cares?".

She shrugged "I don't know but he even threatened me with a court order... but I wouldn't budge".

"Thank you! I don't need his negative energy around Ava" I said.

"Does she ask about her dad?" Whitney asked.

"I mean she has like twice. But that's it" I said.

"Oh... well you're good he doesn't know where you live" she smiled.

Whitney informed me she was getting married in three months. And of course Ava was in the wedding as well as myself too. I couldn't be any happier for my sister.

\\

TATUM POV

So much changed in five years. But the one thing that hasn't changed is my love for Michelle. She took my chance to be a father. I don't even know our daughters name or what she looks like. And that hurts.

My grandparents passed away two years ago and left me a lot of money. I moved out of town but I still came to get things. When I found out Michelle moved for good. Being upset and hurt was an understatement.

Whitney refused to tell me anything.

So many people wanted me to move on and forget about Michelle. But I couldn't. My heart belonged to her.

A year after she left the group I was in for raided by the cops. I was awarded for my work. Once the people knew it was me who had their group raided I had to go into the witness protective program for a year.

Michelle was correct. It got dangerous. Found out that Ariana was the one who destroyed their house. Her jealously got the best of her.

Being a different person I want my family back. I want to meet our daughter and get to know her.

I've heard Whitney is getting married. And her fiancé is someone who's prominent here in town. So which means her wedding is a big deal. Which means Michelle will have to come back here for it.

I'll make my move then.