20.

TATUM POV

I was going to wait for the actual wedding to confront Michelle. But how she acted the other day I can't make that mistake again. Instead I know where Whitney lives so I will just corner her into talking to me.

Parked outside I saw Whitney drive off. She was alone so I knew Michelle was instead with our daughter.

Taking a deep breath I walked up to the front door and rang the bell.

I waited for a few seconds when I heard a little girls voice and feet patter. That made me smile. The door opened "Ava hold on". Michelle turned to me and jumped.

"Well well well... you look amazing" I said.

"Ava go in the room and watch your iPad... mommy has to do something" she yelled. Closing the door slightly behind her "what do you want?".

"You and her" I said.

"Tatum look this isn't the time" she said.

"Neither was the other day apparently. But if I wait for you... you'll never be ready to talk" I said.

She blinked at me a few times "fine let's talk".

"How about I take you out to dinner tonight and we can talk there. No interruptions" I offered.

She rolled her eyes "if I say no you won't quit. So fine".

I smiled "great... I'll be here at seven. If I was you I wouldn't try anything slick".

She squinted her eyes at me "is that a threat?".

"A promise. I'll see you at seven beautiful" I smiled.

She huffed and went back inside the house. Feeling accomplished I walked back to my car and drove off. Michelle wants to play games... I'll beat her at it. She'll lose.

//

I stood at the front door before pressing the door bell. Whitney came "oh hey Tatum!".

"Hello, is Michelle here?" I asked.

She turned around not sure what to say "Umm"

"It's okay Whitney. I was here earlier. She knows I'm here. We have a date tonight" I said.

She raised her brow "really? Michelle?! And you have a date? Hold up?. Michelle!".

"Yeah yeah yeah we have a date! Just watch Ava for me" Michelle said walking through the door and pass me.

I smiled at Whitney "see you later and take care of our daughter".

Whitney smiled "have fun but not too much fun".

The car ride was silent but it reminded me of when we were younger and we would go joy riding. I missed Michelle so much. Just having her near me... her smell.

"Anywhere in particular you would like to go?" I asked.

"You wanted the date so you figure it out" she said. Expecting her to be difficult so I was ready for whatever she was going to throw at me.

Pulling up to this little Mexican place. They have the best tacos in town. Michelle opened her door and stood there. Motioning her to walk ahead of me. Couldn't trust she didn't have a trick up her sleeve. Opening the door for her "go ahead".

The waitress sat us down at a boothe. Now it was just us face to face. Even though it's been five years she hasn't aged one bit. Her skin... it's glowing.

"So?" She asked.

"How have you been?" I asked.

"Can't complain..." she answered.

"How life?" I asked.

"Again... can't complain" she answered.

"Is Ava her name?" I asked.

She blinked at me and nodded.

"Pretty name" I smiled.

"Why haven't you try and come see her?" She asked.

I sighed "when you left... you left. I know why you left. I didn't think you wanted to see me".

"Tatum I disliked your lifestyle. But you as a person I didn't have a problem with" she said.

"Can I see a picture of Ava?" I asked. She pulled out her phone and scrolled away. Turning the phone to me I saw the most prettiest little girl.

"She's beautiful" I smiled.

"She is and very smart" she said.

"When do you think I could meet her?" I asked.

She looked a little nervous "Umm I don't know. Let's see how I feel on the wedding day".

I nodded. I wasn't expecting her to be all up for it right away.

Slowly touching her hand "I missed you...us".

She didn't move her hand away... "Tatum look I don't know about this".

"I never moved on from you. Never been with anyone else but you. My love for you still stands" I said.

She sighed "I knew this was going happen".

"From what I know you haven't been with anyone else either. How come?" I asked.

She shrugged "I'm a mom".

"That's the answer you're going for?" I smiled.

She smiled "yup".

I nodded "okay".

We sat there and continued to talk. I saw the Michelle I knew slowly returning to the table.