25.

MICHELLE POV

opening my eyes from a long overdue sleep without feeling like someone is watching me. I felt Tatum's arm draped across my waist pulling me to him. Hearing his soft snore in my ear made me smile. I missed this. When we were younger this is how we would wake up.

Trying to situate myself to get more comfortable... I had to somewhat move Tatum's arm to do so. That's when I realized he still had this Swastika tattoo. I instantly jumped reliving the bullshit from years ago.

Shoving his arm off of me I got up. He moved a little but smiled at me "morning!".

"Don't morning me! Why do you still have this tattoo on you?!" I asked.

He was slightly confused due to the fact he just woke up... "oh this?" He pointed out.

I nodded "yeah that! What the hell tatum? Thought you said that life was over with! But you totally forget to remove the tattoo!".

Hs sighed "Michelle come on... it's not what you think. I would love to get this removed but my pain tolerance isn't the best".

"Are you serious? You got a whole ass tattoo but you say you don't have a pain tolerance... I must look stupid" I said.

Ava came into the room... rubbing her eyes "I'm hungry".

"Go brush your teeth and I'll be there to fix you something to eat" I said. She nodded and walked out the room. My attention went back on this guy and his lies.

"I'll be damned to be stuck in the same situation years ago. I just need you not to lie to me. Are you still affiliated with those people?" I asked.

"And I told you already I am not. That tattoo is there and I'm not someone for pain. I've heard stories on how painful the procedure is. I'm not doing it" he said.

With nothing said I exited the room to go tend to Ava. Tatum just ruined the mood with that whole tattoo he's refusing to get rid of.

As I was fixing waffles I felt his arms wrap around my waist. Moving myself from his grip I turned to Ava "do you want cinnamon on your waffle?".

She smiled "yes please".

"So you're ignoring me?" He asked.

"Nope just don't want you to touch me" I said.

He nodded "can you see it?".

Tatum had put on a hoodie. I blinked at him "no but doesn't change that I know it's there".

He shrugged "I don't know what to say".

Putting Ava's plate down "here you go!".

She smiled "thank you mommy!".

Before I could even continue to entertain Tatum about his tattoo my phone rang. Seeing it's Whitney I answered "hey!".

"Michelle can you come meet me at the precinct?" She asked.

"For what? They locked you up? Oh my god you're arrested?!" I said.

"No! Not me... but Chad got arrested last night" she said.

"For what?" I asked.

"He was caught peeping in someone's window" she said.

"Not surprised" I mumbled quickly.

"Say what?" She asked.

"Damn that sucks! And why is he peeping inside someone window?" I asked.

"I'm not sure! He's saying it was him" she said.

"Of course he says that! Look I'm walking out the door now" I said. Ava looked at me confused "where are you going?".

"To meet auntie she needs my help with something" I said.

"Let me go get my shoes" she said.

"Umm no! Where she needs my help isn't kid friendly. You stay here with daddy okay" I said.

She pouted "fine".

Tatum stood at the door "Ava we will have fun here don't worry!". I didn't have time to talk anymore with Tatum. "We will discuss this more when you get back. Communication is important in order to keep this relationship strong".

Giving him a thumbs up before driving off.