Grasping for Air

With both the girls attacking as one, not splitting up and attacking different from directions I am slowly overwhelmed. It took a long time, maybe ten minutes of them attacking to get me to back up, make me lose ground. Even then I get it back. It's a game of cats and mouse.

Blocking and evading, dodging and rolling. Fighting back, and scattering sand in their eyes, ducking and kicking. No matter what I manage to do, I am overwhelmed in the end.

With a kick to the knee as another blow comes to my stomach I am on my back, laying for second before declaring this match done. Fifteen minutes. That's how long it took those two girls to take me down.

They look more tired than I am, both gulping in air as fast as they can. Oak looks pleased with them, impressed that they got me to the ground. "Oak, please tell me I don't have to take everyone on. I'm old, and I get tired easy."

"You're not that old. But yes I know you tire. Give them their feedback and pitch them agains another two. Watch and learn."

Standing back, between two of the men I ventured to this country with, I watch, I learn, I give feedback, and the process repeats.

By the time all the girls have fought, the two starters are ready for a second battle. Steve is shoved by myself towards them. "You fought against a simple soldier who has seen her share of fights. Now you will fight a Man, who has fought aliens and in a World War without the fancy weapons we have in this day and age. Steve, fight your best but don't break them."

Bucky is shooting warning signs towards me, we both know Steve might be worried about hurting the two. Although I know he is worried, I know he won't take it to far. If he gets to involved, to deep into the fight, I will stop it. One way or another.

After a few more minutes the girls are done. The fight didn't get out of hand, it didn't go to far, just the same attack and defend that I did with them. Except Steve was on the offence more then the defence.

Cha Cha and Shuri both walk into the room, the later with a phone recording what is happening in front of her. "Did we miss them fighting Saviour?"

"By but a moment. What's up Cha?"
"When you are finished with the fights, and are ready to return to America we have a jet ready to take you."

Bowing slightly to Oak I gesture for the siblings to walk with me, hoping they understand that I need to hold a conversation with them without the boys overhearing.

As we walk out of the room Ant makes an appearance, the first time I've seen him today. Shuri distracts him and drags him down to the lab to test a few things out. Some sort of repulser guns I believe.

Worried thoughts plague my mind, what will I do when the boys have a bad day? Who will hold Buchanan when his switch is flipped by accident? I know I won't be able too. "Do you think what I'm doing is right Cha?"
"What do you mean?"
"With Buchanan. He's still dealing with everything HYDRA put into his brain and the memories resurfacing are mostly of what they forced the Soldier to do. Do I take him somewhere for therapy or leave that to Sam?" Even as I say the words I hope he will have a better answer than to just my question.
"Leave it to the professionals. You've already taken on enough, you don't have enough mental room to play therapist. And Sam, he will help and what he can't help with he will seek someone out that can. He's been outside flying and learning about the land from children today. He should be back soon. Talk to him when he gets back. Without the others."
"I will. I should speak with your mother before we leave. Other then when we first landed here I haven't seen her. Haven't thanked her for putting up with us like I have thanked you."
"She and I have been speaking with the council about everything. Stark has accomplished many offences to the council while he has been here and yet they still seem fond of him. It's been very remarkable considering their opinions of you."
"I'm going to assume he picked a fight and you've been doing damage control?"
"Mother has been. He's been grumbling about the way they speak of you." As Ant is Ant and he thinks his word is high value even here where he holds no grounds,
"I'm amazed my name even graces their tongues."
"They call you 'the girl' in a rather ungrateful tone." Although unsurprised, I'm a tad bit hurt. They hold prejudice against me over a single word when I have done, well. Not a whole lot but some things for this country. Like save the king. That's about it really.