Sorry If We Scared You

By the time we were called for pizza the sun started dipping behind the buildings beyond us. The second time we were called we still didn't move from where we were.

Sam stuck his head up above the edge of the roof to find us in bs same position as before, shoulder to shoulder eyes missing the life in them. "Hey, you two okay?"
"Yah. What's up?"

He looks at us "pizzas here. You gonna come in?"

This time Buchanan answers "in a minute."
"Okay. See you inside."

"Buch?"
"Hmm?"
"Why'd you come up here?"
"You shouldn't have to fight alone."
"Fight what?"
"Your mind."
"It's dangerous for you to be where cameras can see you."
"I don't care."
"Alright."

We sit quietly and my thoughts continue to run wild.

You should have died.

Why aren't you with us (Y/N)? Why did you let us go?

How far is the ground from here?

As Buchanan stands and takes his warm arm away from my cold one he whispers "We should go in."

He doesn't wait for a reply before putting his feet in the ivy and reaching out to me so I would actually follow.

My feet hit the ground seconds after his, just to leave them again as he scoops me up as if I'm a toddler.

"I can walk you know."
"You flinched when you hit the ground."
"Not a big deal. Put me down."

He doesn't reply and goes against my wishes, carrying me inside and placing me in the table.

Sam is the first to walk over wondering what he's doing with my ankle.

"When did you break it?"
"Awhile ago."
"Did you get it casted?"
"No. I had a boot cast instead."

He twists it and there's a sick 'pop' before he releases my foot. "That should be better."
"That fucking hurt."
"Boo hoo."
"Fuck you Barnes."
"Maybe he will later."
"Not what I meant and you know it Sam."

There's a few people choking in the living room when we say these things. But no one says anything.

"Where's my Pizza Samuel?"
"Fridge."
"Go sit your ass down before I hit you."
"Yes ma'am,"
"I swear Sam."
"I know you do. Your mouth is nasty."

I take a few steps towards him before a metal hand grips into my waist, and another hand shoved the end of a slice of pizza into my face. "Thanks Buch."

Once he let go of me, wiped the sauce and grease off of my face, I actually at the pizza. "Why'd you get pizza Tony?"
"No reason."
"Anthony." He mutters but it's not understandable from where I am. "Louder so I can hear you."
"Pepper and Peter are on their way."
"You have a son?"
"No?"
"Why was that a question?"
"No. He's not my son, he's just a smart kid that interns at the company."
"He's the spider boy isn't he?"
"Uh, how'd you know?"

We look at each other. Me being a chicken I break the eye contact and look at my pizza laying on the table inform of me. "When will they be here?"
"An hour or less."
"Lovely. I'll be in my room."

As the door shuts behind me and my back hits it I slide down. My head once again going millions of miles in a second. Memories that have been long since pushed and tacked down rip from their places, shoving to the surface.