Lavender for the Soul

Surprisingly enough, the trip back is quick. The reentry to Wakanda is easy. Landing is trouble some, as I have yet to decide what I am to tell the 'responsibilities.'
'Guess what gang, you're my responsibilities. Like ancient Rome if you break a law I am held responsible for it as well!'  No, can't say that.
Fortunately, Ant takes the lead.
He walks off the ship in front of me, the look of dread is obvious on the small crowds faces. Sam, Nat, Steve and Buchanan all are expecting to be thrown in jail.
"Congrats you four, you're not going to jail. For now. If you break a law, you and (N/N) will both be held responsible. This will end in Six months, you have a choice. Go home with her, back to America and don't break any rules, or King T'challa has offered his palace." I have no idea what he is talking about, he may have talked to Cha while we were on our way back here. If he did, I have no idea.

There's an uneasy look on most faces. But in the end Steve, Sam and Bucky are back on the plane with me, Natasha stays behind and watches the plane leave the next morning.

Over night not much sleep was snatched, instead of staying in the room I was given to stay in I make my way down to Shuri's lab, where she is still moving about. "I don't know how you're still awake. You've been over the ocean twice today."
"Camera catch me or what?"
"No, you always come here when you can't sleep."
"Yeah, guess that's true. And I have slept today. I got knocked out."
"I highly doubt that White Wolf will be happy when he hears that." Only now she turns around just in time to catch my face contorting into a puzzled look. "He was very worried when you left. Couldn't sit still, I made him help me test a few things out. After I had tested them of course." There's a Shuri smirk on her face.
"Well, I don't really know what to say, but what are you working on there?"
"Natasha had mentioned Clint Barton. I've been making a few arrow designs. Not much good if I can't get him here to shoot. "
"So why not just go there? Take Natasha one day?"
"I might, but then again he may not like the uninvited guest."

Thinking back on pages I read well over a year ago, "I read his S.H.I.E.L.D file. If he knows Ta'challa and Natasha he shouldn't wish to kill you."
"Always going to the extreme. You have been through a lot sister. You need sleep, I can see the bags under your eyes from here." Her back is to me, her eyes downcast to her project still. Either way I'm a good thirty feet from her, sitting on the ramp down to the lab.

"It's rather quiet upstairs. Or, deafening. It depends on on you look at it."
"There's a table over there. The last person on it of course was that Mr White Wolf. His arm needed fixing. Whoever put it back together did their best but, you didn't get everything right."
"Know my handy work just by sight?"
"You have worked in my lab, and with my father. So I do know it."

We don't say anything else, but even as I move to the cot I know she is watching me and listening to my actions. Laying down in the dimly lit lab I can hear her tinkering, and then a dream.

People are shouting, war is raging, and I have no idea what year this memory is from. Unfortunately within seconds I have my answer.

Gun raises in front of me, my own finger on the trigger, two bullets pierce insurgents flesh, just as two more round a corner and are taken out by others of my squad. The building we're in is crumbling around us, a hole blown straight through the outside wall and the inside ones as well. The bomb must have come in through a window, taken out all the walls in here.

With shouts of the building being clear, and with the knowledge that the building was the first of many to clear during that day, I creep to the edge of the floor, leaning on the little amount of wall left.

Watching a group of insurgents push two bound and blinded people into a car, I somehow recognize the man. Not sure where, but I do.

"Guys. I'm about to do something dumb." Heads soon towards me, as I walk back towards them, the car is turning over. Slinging my rifle over my back, I get quite a few odd looks and Jack yelling out to me as I spin away from the group, running to the hole and jumping. "Wait!" For all I knew I was about to hear his voice for the last time.