Don't Touch the Box

Food has always been something I've been good at making. Food and cars, which have almost nothing in common.

The only thing in common is that you take different materials -muffler, engine, spark plugs, and a transmission or flour, eggs, cheese, water, meat- and make one thing. A car or food.

Making the dough for the pizza I call the boys to the kitchen. "So are you three going to catch me up on what happened?"
"What do you want to know?"
"From the time that you found Buchanan to when he knocked on my door this morning."
"Okay."

After rolling out the dough and slathering it with sauce, sprinkling it with cheese, and adding some meat, they have their story together.

Starting to cover the meat with more cheese Steve starts "Well the Sokovian accords were set in place, and the Avengers divided. When a bomb blew up, killing the Wakandian king T'Chaka his son T'Challa vowed to kill the person thought to be responsible. The Winter Soldier was spotted but it wasn't actually him but an impersonation of him." Putting the pizza in the oven I continue to listen from a counter top. "My friend Sharon found Buck and told me where he was, and we picked him up in Romania. Tony found out that the Winter Soldier killed his parents and wants Buck dead."

Buchanan killed my godparents?

"Our sides had a fight in an airport then in Germany. Tony Blew off Bucks arm and I lost my shield. Sam went to jail."

All three of them watch me, probably expecting me to flip out. Instead I hold out my hand, slide off the counter and walk over to Buchanan while saying "Let me see your arm."

No one says anything until I ask Steve where the rest of the arm is. "Uh, we hid it."
"I think I can reattach it." Nothing. "Someone say something."
"Give me a minute." With that Sam leaves to the room he left his wings and a bag of clothes in. Ethan's old room.

After a few minutes of silence and me looking at where wires attach to, and guess what I could use to fix it with. Probably could melt down some metal, but I'd have to figure out what his arm is made of first, Sam comes back holding his bag.

He sets it down in front of Buchanan who nods to me. Opening it I smile, now I have a full arm of metal to work with. Fuck yah.

Smiling at Buch I stand walking to a door under the stairs and unlock it. "Follow me boys, it's time to play."
Unlocking it I go down the stairs and set the arm down on my work bench before pulling a spare stool out from the closet.

Jack was the only one that would sit down here with me and watch me fiddle and fix different things, he never questioned how I knew how to build cars.

"Alrighty. First things first, what is this thing made out of?"
"Vibraniam."
"Okay, " gesturing to a stool I tell Buch to sit before rummaging through some spare metal drawers. Pulling a few rods of metal out, I move back to the work bench and gather other materials, wrench, clamps, small blowtorch plumbers wrench, and a few other things.

"How do you know how to fix this?"
"I'm weird. I like building and fixing things."

Buch looks at someone behind me as I sit down on the stool that's between him and the workbench.

The bench shifts as Sam leans in it "maybe you should tell us a better reason why you can fix this thing."
"Okay, I grew up with someone that likes to build and so did his father. In the army I hot wired a few cars in my second tour so my crew could continue our mission."
Steve shrugs and looks around my secret basement, almost opening a box of old photos. "Steve don't open that. It has to many old memories I don't like."
"Like what?"
"Like Ant. He and I are no longer on good terms, I'm sure you can respect that."